SOLD Clean, built and armored 2000 LC - Flagstaff, Az (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 111, 0)
This is a really clean, well maintained, freshly built and well sorted rust free 100 series. All maintenance and standard wear items have been recently replaced with OEM parts by me or the dealer (timing belt, water pump, starter, steering rack, tie rod ends, drive flanges, brakes, cooling system, diff bushings, rear drive shaft)

244,100 miles as of 3/6/22. 4 owners, garage kept its entire life. Original owner, 16 years 9 months – 2nd owner, 3 years 4 months – 3rd owner (my mom) 10 months - 4th owner (me), extensive service history. AZ truck its whole life, no rust whatsoever. Entire truck is super clean and drives excellent. Everything works, great ac/heat (front and rear), no rattles, never used off road, less than 1,400 highway miles on build.

My opinion:

Paint/body - 7.5/10 far below average wear, clear coat is in good shape, only 2 very minor dents above rear wheel arches
Interior - 8/10 - very few signs of wear
Mechanical - 9/10 - excellent mechanical condition (i'm a mechanic)

$22,000 - read the whole post - it has a restored title, even though it really shouldn't.

Extensive service history - Major/more recent items:

·244,075 - New OEM steering rack, bushings and inner/outer tie rods from Toyota, alignment, new drive flanges, new diff bushings
244,000 - New OEM Toyota rear driveshaft
· 242,700 – Full build listed below + Alignment after lift (Findlay Toyota, see specs in build thread)
· 239,714 - PM items - Radiator and hoses replaced, new aisin fan clutch, OEM idler pulley, OEM heater Tee’s, sway bar bushings, wheel bearing service (me)
· 238,400 – OEM Toyota windshield and moulding installed
· 225,955 -Timing belt, water pump, acc belt and thermostat replaced (Dealer)
· 215,680 – Transmission flush, both diffs and transfer case serviced, spark plugs replaced, all 4 rotors/pads replaced, driver CV boots replaced (dealer)
· 203,622 – New starter installed (dealer)
· 203,318 – brake system, power steering and coolant flush (dealer)
· 152246 – Trans, cooling system, F/R diff and transfer case flushes (dealer)

Recent build @242,620 miles:

· Icon 2.5 remote reservoir extended travel shocks (+1.5” front droop)
· Nitro ball joint upper control arms
· OME torsion bars
· Trail tailor tourflex tapered wire 3” rear springs
· HD Extended rear sway bar links
· Slee diff drop
· OME Lower control arm reinforcement brackets (welded on)
· Doug Thorley headers, toyota OEM gaskets, and custom 2 1/4" dual into 3" single exhaust with magnaflow high flow cats, muffler and vibrant ultra quiet resonator (sounds spectacular and picked up about 30hp) stock cats were in good shape and can be included if wanted
· 4x4labs rear bumper
· Power stop Z36 front and rear drilled/slotted brake kit (brakes are spectacular)
· 5x Icon rebound 17x8.5 25mm offset wheels in titanium + black lug nuts
· 5x Mickey Thompson baja boss AT in 295/70/17 (34") installed 9/14/2021 @244,055 miles
· Cleaned and painted the entire underside of the truck at time of build

Stereo upgrade Aug 2020:

· Pioneer double din touch screen head unit
· Kicker powered sub mounted under passenger seat
· Kicker 6.5” speakers in all 4 doors

Other:

· Dash designs dash mat
· New LX style wood grain steering wheel
· New toyota tailgate painted to match
· Hella H11 low beam bulbs (huge upgrade)

To Be installed:

· Marlin crawler weld on rock sliders - I am not installing these unless the buyer wants them (some people don't like welded on sliders) will deduct $500 from price if not wanted
· 4x4labs front bumper - building and installing this week (3/7/22) - will deduct $800 from price if not wanted
· OEM Elocker 3rd, long spline short side axle shaft, new koyo wheel bearing +retainers, seals etc. oem locker switch, all OEM connectors and studs (Installing this in the next few weeks) will deduct $1000 from price if not wanted

Comes with 3rd row seats,

Short story of the truck - it has a restored title. I bought it in July 2020 for my mom, intending for it to be her last vehicle. I did a bunch of work on it, drove it for a a few weeks then gave it to her in August 2020. Less than 100 miles later, she got rear ended (Feb 7 2021). I did not have time to deal with fixing the truck at the time and I lucked into a nice LX from a mud member and got estimates from body shops until I got the truck totaled out. First estimate was $5,500, last estimate from precision auto body was something like $28,000 (they tacked a new frame on the tab). Insurance valued the truck at $16,555 in March 2021, I think private party it would have sold for something like $20k at the time. I had the last shop put it on their alignment rack to make sure the frame was straight, only the rear crossmember and drivers side frame horn where the hitch mounted was bent. I swapped the LC suspension into my moms LX to get rid of the LX AHC, then built the truck as it is. I challenged the state inspector to figure out where the damage was, he could not. The tailgate and rear bumper were the only parts needed for the repair, about 80% of the frame damage was cut out for the 4x4labs bumper, the rest was straightened in about 2 hours. The tail lights were not even damaged in the accident. The hitch took the majority of the impact. I'd be glad to tell you the long version of the story, PM your phone number for that.

I have a carfax from when we bought the truck from the 2nd owner and a 2" thick binder of receipts including all of the build receipts and parts instructions.

I will post more pictures once the front bumper is on and I get it detailed. View the build thread for other pictures @ 10 day 00 LC build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/10-day-00-lc-build.1253995/

You are welcomed to have it inspected as much as you'd like.

As it currently sits (it's filthy)

2D303DE4-AF1B-4744-AAEA-472BFCFE6353.jpeg

Last edited:
BD9EB221-3E24-4FAC-BA41-B6F603314F0E.jpeg

02922BD5-04B7-4BA8-A255-C3D36C000C93.jpeg

54F3C419-8535-42C2-86AD-B512466F7904.jpeg

02F552D4-3DF5-4CD9-ADE5-7CC4555B0795.jpeg

4204314B-CF70-4B97-B162-5F4AD05879C9.jpeg

I washed the exterior and took a few pictures. The interior is still dirty.

C48E0B76-EA06-4A02-820E-6ABEF1C83288.jpeg
8C514718-9A29-4707-93B1-4DCB4ECAD56E.jpeg
E517CB28-94FA-41B1-BC4F-0585B916E948.jpeg
49C2E418-BFE7-49A7-B8E7-21BBDDB2D490.jpeg
49C2E418-BFE7-49A7-B8E7-21BBDDB2D490.jpeg
2105CB64-5185-4CDA-8B09-65B76B6A95FF.jpeg

Last edited:
574B66D2-56CD-455E-A00D-42FAF4255F0B.jpeg
5C2DFF36-4BB0-4884-9B15-C35D36BFC23F.jpeg
93E6E923-3814-4F7C-9799-BEB5E39CEC17.jpeg
5A8B3734-4341-4224-86B6-EECC453D7686.jpeg

This truck is back up for sale - I removed the ad shortly after posting due to not having time to deal with selling it. I'm going to put the finishing touches on it over the next few weeks, will update the pictures when done. There is still time to have me add whatever you want to it as well, PM me for more info on that.

Truck went on craigslist today FYI

I put the front bumper together today. Few more things to add before paint, but it looks great!

7EB9AFA4-7A48-46B9-8060-024440E9CDDE.jpeg

How’s the dash under that cover?
Rear locker still uninstalled?
Do you have a report from the state inspector?
Undercarriage pics? Especially prior to it being painted?
Any pics just after the accident, prior to getting repaired?
With a potential bent frame, I’d be worried of it driving and stopping straight, and eating through tires. Not sure how to validate this isn’t the case?

With a potential bent frame, I’d be worried of it driving and stopping straight, and eating through tires. Not sure how to validate this isn’t the case?
Dash is perfect, the truck has been garaged it’s entire life. I will get more pictures and update all pictures to current ones after I get it detailed next week.

Locker is going in next week, I have done a few of them and its easy. I don't have the SST to press the bearing on/off the passenger side shaft at my shop.

I do have the state inspector report - I challenged him to find where it was damaged, he could not

I will look for undercarriage pics. The underside was filthy until I power washed it - then it looked like every other lifetime AZ truck. I painted it because I built it to keep it, and they salt the roads in northern AZ (where I live now). So, now I paint everything. This truck is too nice for me to drive in the salt, so I drive my wife's 4runner, my 2500 or take back roads to work in my 80.

There are pics in my build thread, along with the story and answers to most of these questions. I really suck at build threads, so if there is anything else you want to know, feel free to reach out. I can face time anything you want to see on the truck, you are welcomed to have any amount of inspections done before buying. Its a solid truck and the nicest cruiser I own by far. Keep in mind I am a professional mechanic and this is not a shade tree build. I would not be asking the price if the truck were not worth it. One could buy a similar truck stock for $15k and spend $20-25k at a shop to make it equal to this one.

10 day 00 LC build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/10-day-00-lc-build.1253995/

The damaged portion of the frame was cut out to install the 4x4labs bumper. I had 2 shops verify the frame was straight before I spent $15ish k on the build. Most body shops will no do any frame work these days due to liability issues. The first body shop I took it to after the accident said they would replace the rear crossmember (which is still available from toyota) and straighten the frame rails where the hitch bolted on. Their estimate was $5500. I asked around on the local land cruiser forum and got a recommendation for precision auto body in Tempe, contacted them and they said they don't do any frame work aside from frame swaps. This is exactly what I was looking for, as I was working 2 jobs 140 miles apart from each other at the time and I didn't have time to deal with the truck (I dont let anyone else work on my trucks). Plus, I wanted the 2uz out of this for my 80... Had the truck towed to them, they sent an astronomical bill to the insurance, we got a check. About 6 weeks later when I spent some time looking at the truck in the daylight and realized it was not bad at all. By then I had already bought the replacement LX for my mom. Below are some pics of the truck on the 4 wheel alignment rack at toyota and the resulting spec sheet. I can assure you all day that the frame is not bent, but for any prospective buyer than wants their own opinion - I welcome inspections.

1646927651089.png

1646927596145.png

Also, my reasons for selling -

Primary - I have a 3 other built toyota SUV's - a solid axle 2001 LX470, a 95 80 series and an 04 V8 4runner, so I really don't need a 4th. I was hoping the wife would give up her 4runner and take this over, but she is attached to that truck like I am to my 80.

Secondary reason - My grandma is in a nursing home and is running out of money, so we are buying the family cabin from her (built by my grandfather) to keep it in the family. Don't need to sell the truck for that, but some extra cash would help.

Were you actually interested in the truck or just commenting?

Next time send a DM instead of a direct question on the thread. Not sure if you’re trying to prove something?

I am interested, but the problem is logistics, inspection, and a rebuilt title. It may be too complicated to piece together. I will consider it for a bit - no rush on my end

Next time send a DM instead of a direct question on the thread. Not sure if you’re trying to prove something?

I am interested, but the problem is logistics, inspection, and a rebuilt title. It may be too complicated to piece together. I will consider it for a bit - no rush on my end
Not at all, just been 4 days and had not heard anything back from you.

I like to keep questions/answers in the thread, saves me from having to answer them for everyone individually. If you want to discuss via phone, send me your number or a Pm. I’m not in a rush to sell particularly either.

I will be finishing up all of the details of the truck this week, have it detailed and post a bunch of good quality new pictures at the end of the week.

I’ll reach out mid week. Was out of the country last week so will be catching up the next few days

Been busy with other projects, just getting back to this. Got the front bumper done, painted and installed. Truck is still unwashed and filthy, but the bumper looks good. The wife has been driving it while I had her 4runner torn apart. I was hoping she would fall in love with this and we would sell her 4runner instead, but now she wants bumpers built for her 4runner… 🤦‍♂️

6B0D5E98-93D3-461F-AE09-45D4239AD238.jpeg

1E2580A3-EE29-4F4E-8D6B-44F7B71B5394.jpeg

C9A5CE7E-A508-4C76-AB52-5FBDF4C771D2.jpeg

8B3F77A0-7A5D-4ECB-81B1-5AF047ED4C9B.jpeg

Bumper came out nice. A ton of fitment was necessary, but I think it was worth it since this is IMO the best looking 100 series front bumper.

3EEAF39F-DDD7-40E3-A4B6-41035C1331C2.jpeg

Bump. Might work a new 12k smittybilt comp winch with wireless remote and synthetic cable into the deal for someone from mud.

This truck will be on craigslist and facebook marketplace this weekend. I bought a 45, so I am a bit more motivated to move this 100 to a new owner

E9208956-C73B-4B45-B477-7C73444425C8.jpeg

My wife has been driving this and decided she fell in love with it…

So, if anyone is interested in a nicely built and extremely well maintained 2004 V8 4runner, hers will be up for sale shortly. It’s on 33’s, camburg uca’s, bilstein Toytec lift, dobinson dual rate rear springs, new oem rear control arms, energy suspension front lca bushings, 4x innovations sliders and a bunch more stuff. Blue sea 12v panel for a fridge + 2usb chargers and voltmeter in the rear, pioneer nav head unit and a bunch of other junk…. Clean title too, we are the 3rd owners and have owned it for 5 years. Great truck! For an extra $25k I will install marlin crawler RCLT front suspension and a Dana 60 rear end + 39” tires 🤣

CA44A89E-1AFB-46C0-83FB-8383FEAEAE68.jpeg
1180E090-E4D0-4355-A820-A2E8269AF584.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom