CLCC Tool Loaner Program (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Smith

In the garage
SILVER Star
Threads
I think the first purchase for the club to start our member tool loaner program should be the 09634-60013 STEERING KNUCKLE CENTERING GAUGE. This is what we need to pick the correct shims for a knuckle rebuild such as Ross needs where the arms do not match the original axle. The tool will be purchased here from the same source the dealers use for the same price they pay. SPX Toyota | Tool Detail It runs around $112 and I think we should put it to vote at the next meeting.

I also think that the clutch alignment, pilot bearing removal, and shifter removal tools would make a very nice clutch replacement trifecta. Throw out your ideas for what you would like to see in the club loaner program.

Current list of Club Tools in PDF file.

Attachments

• clcctools.pdf
    7.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
How about an engine hoist?

Speaking of knuckle jobs, I'm going to need to put a rush on it because I'm going to Katemsey in 5 weeks.

To keep the money flowing in the club, should we think about charging a small rental fee around $5, depending on how long the tools are kept? Eventually the tools would pay for themselves...

not a bad idea. maybe have different amounts. more expensive might be slightly more....

Especially if we end up getting a welder or something like that..... Otherwise 5 bucks here and there will eventually add up to something... Party money?

I have a number of SST's...

Just completed a front axle rebuild for my 81 FJ40. So, I have the tools & probably will not be using them anytime soon. I also have a can of Dykem, which is what you would use instead of the red lead mentioned in the procedure. I'd be willing to sell it to the club for my cost minus the $5.00 you mentioned. Then the club has already got it's tool and $5.00 paid on it. I'm very particular about my tools. So, the centering gauge is in like new condition.

Per this week's meeting, I'm stickying this thread.

So far, John (the CLCC Tool Czar) has ordered the following Toyota SSTs:

- Shift lever remover
- Pilot bearing puller
- Stearing knuckle centering gauge (for disk brake knuckles)

A few other SSTs will be ordered once they become available.

If you have any other suggestions on tools the club should get, post them up. SSTs, other tools, whatever. Once we get them in stock and create a system for loaning them out, we'll let you know.

Thanks to John for taking this on for us.

Last edited:
I'm glad to finally see this come to fruition for the club. Nice work John. Personally I think the club has a great library too.

I have an engine hoist sitting around. I also have an engine stand collecting dust. Is there a place all of these tools would be stored for easy access/use?

I have an engine hoist sitting around. I also have an engine stand collecting dust. Is there a place all of these tools would be stored for easy access/use?

That is very generous of you to offer such high dollar tools for club use. I have been serving as the keeper of the tools since we started purchasing tools last year. We have had other members donate hand tools but never shop tools. While I have limited storage space I would be willing to store both those tools for the greater good of the club. If you decide you really would like to donate them to CLCC we can arrange for pickup. Thank You :beer:

I don't mind loaning the tools to the chapter for members to use. I'm in Laurel, MD if you'd like to stop by to pick them up. I'll shot you a pm with my contact information.

Last edited:
Riad, I have a TRE puller. It made my TRE/drag link replacement a :banana: job. I think I'd still be out there in the garage cussing if I hadn't had it. If anyone in the club wants to borrow the tool, it's as good as yours. It's not like I replace TRE's every day!

I would also like to loan the club a small 70 Amp welder that was used this past weekend at the third member replacement. A number of people have commented that it might be useful.

Dave

I am new to the area and live in Wheaton. I just got restationed here. I will give an engine stand that I have to the group. It is the generic one but has worked well for SBC builds in the past. Just let me know. I will not be able to make the meetings due to other Wednesday night commitments for the next 5 weeks. BTW I drive a stock 96 LC. Thanks, Clint

give me a call and come pick it up. Later

Welcome to the area, Clint. I live near Aspen Hill. Thanks for the offer. John should be chipping in soon, as he gets to storehouse all these goodies.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom