CLCC Tech Day thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was able to find Brembo rotors for my 80 for $50 each off of Amazon. At those prices it almost doesn't make sense to turn them, that is if you can find a place that does it anymore. Some Napas do.

I'd like to stop by for about 1-2 hours to swap out my rotors and pads if that's good with you. Can you post or PM your address and what time you plan on getting started? Let me know if we should bring any beer / food.

Anyone have a key programming device they can bring to the next tech day? I had a few new keys made (truck only came with one key) but they need to be coded. I have some instructions to activate the remote lock/unlock functions but I guess there is a programming device to activate the chip that will turn the ignition over for the new keys.

If I'm in NC, I'll be at Logan's Run. If I'm in VA, I'll come hurl insults, lose bolts, break tools and drink someone's beer. Keep ya posted!

EDIT: ...and how could I forget about stealing a few 10mm sockets?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a 54mm socket that can be borrowed for tech day?
Also, other than the rebuild kit, basic tools, diff oil, and the grease for the knuckle, can anyone think of anything I should bring for a knuckle rebuild?
Thanks!

rags, rags, rags, and more rags plus nitrile gloves.

Will you be replacing the inner axle seals and repacking the inner and outer wheel bearings? If so, the appropriate seals are required.

Stump should have the wheel bearing socket.

Anybody wanna get rid of a stock exhaust? I wouldn't mind unloading my Borla (I'll weld up the little hole where the bracket snapped off) and put a stock pipe on there.

rags, rags, rags, and more rags plus nitrile gloves.

Will you be replacing the inner axle seals and repacking the inner and outer wheel bearings? If so, the appropriate seals are required.

I've got the Marlin Crawler rebuild kit, I think the inner seals are included.

Stump should have the wheel bearing socket.

Awesome, so I'll hold off ordering one

Anybody wanna get rid of a stock exhaust? I wouldn't mind unloading my Borla (I'll weld up the little hole where the bracket snapped off) and put a stock pipe on there.

I'm down, but are our years compatible? I've got a 94, I know the exhaust routing is different for 91-92, 93-94, & 95-97.

I grabbed 4 tubes of grease, a bearing packer, 4 rolls of shop towels, I should have gloves, I'll grab 80W-90 for the diff tomorrow. I also plan on bringing some drink, does anyone have preferences?
Pappy isn't going to be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom