CLCC radios <---> Midland GMRS radios (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At the swap meet yesterday I noticed several trucks equipped with Midland GMRS radios. I also heard that someone tried unsuccessfully to use a Midland radio to communicate with a CLCC radio. So, I did some research.

Here are the frequencies that are programmed into the Midland GMRS mobile radios. The radio's frequencies/channels are not user programmable. However, the CTCSS/DCS squelch codes are user programmable. The CLCC freqencies and squelch codes are identified in the red boxes.
Midland freqs.jpg

Here are the CLCC frequencies/channels and CTCSS/DCS squelch codes matched to the Midland channels and CTCSS/DCS codes which should allow the CLCC radios to communicate with the Midland radios.
CLCC midland freqs.jpg

I do not have a Midland radio to validate this. If someone has a CLCC and Midland radio or can bring a Midland radio to a CLCC meeting or Fall Crawl, I would like to confirm that this works.

We're glad you're here Ed.

At the swap meet yesterday I noticed several trucks equipped with Midland GMRS radios. I also heard that someone tried unsuccessfully to use a Midland radio to communicate with a CLCC radio. So, I did some research.

Here are the frequencies that are programmed into the Midland GMRS mobile radios. The radio's frequencies/channels are not user programmable. However, the CTCSS/DCS squelch codes are user programmable. The CLCC freqencies and squelch codes are identified in the red boxes.
View attachment 2094806

Here are the CLCC frequencies/channels and CTCSS/DCS squelch codes matched to the Midland channels and CTCSS/DCS codes which should allow the CLCC radios to communicate with the Midland radios.
View attachment 2094807

I do not have a Midland radio to validate this. If someone has a CLCC and Midland radio or can bring a Midland radio to a CLCC meeting or Fall Crawl, I would like to confirm that this works.
When/if confirmed, I will add to the event comms plan.

Thanks for doing this research Ed! Assuming we are have the Club Meeting this Wednesday, I can offer up my rig as the Midland Radio test vehicle.

Is this the Chirp file from Andy? Or added to from Andy’s with Gore repeaters?

Ok I have the Murs and weather in my Chirp file now. I will add the HAMs in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom