CLCC Lift Day? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would it be possible for some of the group to get together and do a CLCC Lift Day to help me get my 80 up off the ground a little.
I could do this myself, just cant do it in a reasonable amount of time and I cant have the truck down for long.
I will put in a lot of the effort, just need hands to help get it done in one afternoon.
I wish my garage was a good place for this, but I am in Maryland and quite a drive for most if not all members.
If someone is willing to donate tools and time, I could provide the vehicle, the parts and the Food.

Thank you

Are you doing the caster correcting?

Are you doing the caster correcting?

Dont think so. Will see how it drives without first.

I did an axle swap on my 92 Toyota Pickup and never messed with castor and it drove fine. Castor is just your return-to-center, so I may be fine....

First, I will help, Second, with the 80 I would get the castor correction pressed in first, but thats just an opinion, I was very glad I had it done when I put my lift on the 80. I got @OTRAMM to press mine in. It was the only thing I couldn't do. The bushings that are in there ARE IN THERE! It takes a lot to get them out, and my press wasn't cutting it. We can have a shock bolt race!!!!

Then the question would become plates or bushings??

I don't know about that... I got mine from OME and they did the trick just fine. I know many favor the plates. I will let the current 80s gurus chime in... like you said, you may not even need them :meh:. In any case, I'm down to help...

how big of a lift?
If you don’t do it now it’s twice the work later. I have access to a 20ton press. Depending on the time I may be available to help.

For like a 2"ish lift I'd do bushings. 4" or so go plates.
How about 12” and a 4” body lift using hockey pucks?

Asking for a friend :)

I thought your friend was partial to bricks and 4x4s.

For bushings, drill and burn them out. Press in the new ones. Done. Or just spend the smart money and let @OTRAMM do it.
Easily done with a 20T press, which we have access to.

Happy to help as much as a newb can. I need to do my spring/shackle bushings this spring and will probably need access to fire.
258BB616-4B37-4519-9E39-C1F2C66AE6F5.jpeg

The usual “fee” for the press is fine lol

Hey one day one of you will be looking for a stock 80 spring :D

Or the Zuki may ride on 80 springs boy would that be a rough ride :confused:

Yes it would! But a smooth ride on the 62!

Not with the fronts in the rear...

I'd be game to help, maybe even provide the venue. Depends on your timeline, I did mine last year and the hardest part was fighting the rusty hardware. Have you started spraying liquid wrench on everything yet? Kinda like xmas shopping, you can never start to early; each bolt a project... I have a press that did the truck on the bushings. How much lift? I'm at about 3 and plan to replace the offset bushings with plates at some point. It wanders a little more than I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom