CLC Tools and Shop Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone got a good recommendation on a framing nailer? I got a few projects coming up and am thinking about investing in one to expedite things.

Have been doing some research, but thought I'd ask and see what you all may have experience with.

Thanks in Advance
Just seeing this. I use a couple of Porter Cable nailers and they have done pretty well for me.

Pretty much filled up the Goat Pen already. Moved the decent Cruiser parts back here from the pole barn and hung up some of the old art parts.

Spent the day digging old lumber out of all the spots I stash it after projects and made a bunch of shelves.

Only thing missing now is the top and doors from Patina

I"m posting this magic question around
20190617_214921.jpg
the forum, Anyone know what type of screw-head / fitting these are on this williams 3/8 flex head ratchet. They appear to be torx-like with a slot. I don't recall seeing these on tools before....looking for name and if there are specific bits for this type of screw head?

@Elbert have you tried a torx bit? I’ve seen some bolts like that that have the slot to allow both a torx and a flathead.

Williams is one of my favorite old school tool brands.

@Elbert have you tried a torx bit? I’ve seen some bolts like that that have the slot to allow both a torx and a flathead.

Williams is one of my favorite old school tool brands.

^^This^^

Williams is good in my view and I have a few $$ in their stuff (sockets, wrenches, ratchets). On this "new" ratchet the detent ball came out and i was going to fix it myself with a repair kit and I saw these fittings. Then I noticed the screw heads. On another post where I asked the same questions a guy pointed out the words "Dual Drive Systems" which being the cool guy I am, of course I've never heard of. Anyway according to the google search he shared.... this type of fitting is made for either a torx or flat tip screwdriver. I assumed that much at first but then I wanted to ask around to see if some new fitting had come out and maybe a new drive tool or bits (if they have, so far I've not found a source).

Anyway Iv'e not yet tried a torx or screwdriver....I'll do that this weekend if my parts showed up. I'm guessing will work unless these things are a #$%# to remove, I hope they are not, and simply unscrew.

I get Williams stuff over at toolsdelivered.com , if you guys have some good sources let me know, so far these guys have been good on price and delivery.

If only I had known the key word "dual drive systems" I would have been enlightened.....I searched for slotted torx and came up with mostly nothing.

The funny thing...I asked the email address posted at SnapOn industrial tools, a similar question two days ago, I figured they would respond right off the bat....no answer from corporate so far..

Thanks for the feedback

https://www.semblex.com/default/assets/File/Torx-Semblex.pdf

Last edited:
FYI a T-8 torx bit gets the screws out on the above ratchet.

Guess these should officially be here now.

Erin sent me this one this morning just after they started.

52887.jpeg

I grabbed this one when I got home tonight.

0802191806a.jpg

Going to keep water on them and put aome plastic down to help slow the cure down to make sure I get good strength.

You can see the rebar mat for under the lift in the first one.

Building package is tentative for the end of August, got to call the builder and confirm the first of the week.

Guess these should officially be here now.

Erin sent me this one this morning just after they started.

View attachment 2047856

I grabbed this one when I got home tonight.

View attachment 2047859

Going to keep water on them and put aome plastic down to help slow the cure down to make sure I get good strength.

You can see the rebar mat for under the lift in the first one.

Building package is tentative for the end of August, got to call the builder and confirm the first of the week.

Sooo jealous. I don’t know if y’all remember, but I was working out of an 8x8 shed for a few years. Just got my new garage all sorted out! Maybe someday I can get on @jynx level, but for now this is like 8x more space and has power. 110 and 220! No more 70 foot extension cords to the house!

Previous owner had boat storage with a high roof, perfect for Lee majors

C0FD21CD-B659-4D39-9F48-AEAA71EB01E3.jpeg

6FD78CDB-38E2-49F2-B3BA-04067D1DE87B.jpeg

65A77A61-3A74-408E-8932-7E8AF58B2E68.jpeg

Something is missing...
FEDE8E67-65BF-406E-9DB7-BCB9C9968500.jpeg

My 51st birthday present to myself

10k Challenger 2 post lift.

I don’t have a shop ready for it yet but this will give me the kick in the pants to get that project funded

6425DF3B-97B0-4FAA-AEA8-629A4DDCC1C9.jpeg

804B3B2A-2E9D-45DA-AA04-DBC607A11E7E.jpeg

You can store here if you need to ;)

20191018_172237.jpg

20191018_172413.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom