Clayton run on memorial weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A Clayton run was lightly discussed at the meeting this month and it looks like memorial weekend is gonna be the time. May 27-29. I work on that Friday so wouldn't be able to head out till that afternoon myself then would come back Sunday mid day sometime. All are welcome to come and have a good time.

So far its just some jeep and a couple of yota friends of mine planning on going. which include.

YJ on tons and 42" TSL's and rear 4 link with quarter elip.
TJ on 36" (i think) SX's
CJ on tons and 42" TSL's and rear 4 link with coils springs
Mini on tons and 43" SX's with rear 4 link and coil overs
my Orange cruiser (if I get it back together in time) on 40" Boggers
Mini on 38.5" SX's
and maybe another mini on 40" TSL's and another jeep or so.

This will be my last run before I tear the truck apart and link the rear. I'm only getting it together for this run since I have never been to Clayton. I'm told it is amazing and I will love it and will hate my boggers when I get back. but so far I have been impressed with them more than I thought so we shall see. Would be cool to have a few cruisers out there as well so I'm not the only one like usual. I think they said something about getting rooms and splitting the cost. I will have to trailer to and from the trail since I am not even a little bit legal.

Post up if you are interested. :beer:

Don't know that I can do that weekend. Usually at the lake on the 3-day weekends.

FWD FWD usually has their big run that weekend, I think. There might be a ton of folks there then. Should be quite a show though. :D

Don't know that I can do that weekend. Usually at the lake on the 3-day weekends.

FWD FWD usually has their big run that weekend, I think. There might be a ton of folks there then. Should be quite a show though. :D

You can miss the lake one weekend.

And who is fwd fwd? I know I have heard if them, just don't remember the name. And is that sarcasim on the show? Or you saying its gonna suck?

I just meant, the more people there are, the greater the chance of someone doing something dumb. That's usually fairly entertaining.

FWD is the old school DFW area club. Been around forever. I don't know if they're still big, but they used to be huge. They used to do a big run every Memorial Day in Clayton, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

Home Page

Ah yes I have been to that site. just couldnt remember what the first FWD stood for.

so you comin out? yes....

I'm intrested. Have not been to Clayton either. Hear its a great place for wheelin and would like to check it out. I work second shift so its hard for me to make meetings but I did attend the January meeting and joined at that time. My first outing was Katemcy in May had a blast!! I have only had my cruiser for about a year but am totally hooked.

I am going to try and make it. Have not been to Clayton yet. Just need to get the broken spring mount repaired and I should be good to go.

sweet, I think your mini will do great out there Bob, especially with the 37's.

I got the 80 fixed so I should be able to join in the wagon

what was the issue?

the plastic clip that holds the o2 sensor wires to the frame had broken and the wires were laying on top of the front driveshaft. Damn clip only lasted 300k miles, piece of junk toyota.

What a piece

Where do folks usually stay when wheeling at Clayton? From looking on the internet, I found Clayton Lake State Park and the Clayton Country Inn.

There is the AandA motel, the Sardis Hotel and the Clayton Country Inn. I think all 3 hae some RV hookups too...

The FWD Club is the old school club in the Dallas-Fort WOrth area. Great group of guys.

We will be at the AandA. I will have swag to hand out too for the takers.

JOSH

Thanks, Josh. I was able to get a room at the Sardis.

I wont have a cruiser with me as one is apart and the other broke again. Not fixing the orange one this time, just replacing some things with 1 ton stuff so it will hopefully stop freaking breaking.

BUT I will be there Friday evening sometime as we got to much goin on for me to be able to take the day off.

Leaving Dallas early Sat. Should be there before noon.

AMAZING place to wheel!! I really wish I would have had my truck but I know that i would have somehow broke something. I know what to do to my truck now to make it work the way I want.

Going to Clayton has now been added to my MUST go wheeling list at a MINIMUM of once a year. Some really great wheeling out there.

Seen Bob and killerpea out there and a few other as well, Bob's truck did really well on the little bit I got to see.

some pictures...

SAM_0970.jpg

SAM_0946.jpg

SAM_0943.jpg

SAM_0929.jpg

SAM_0936.jpg

SAM_0932.jpg

SAM_0915.jpg

SAM_0923.jpg