Builds Classy build (triple locked) 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Hurndog , any luck on the sunglass bracket from Expedition Essentials? I reached out to Jeff and he said he was prototyping for someone (presumaby you) last weekend. I reached back out to him and haven't heard back.

Do you know by any chance if the sunglass holder in your '18 is the same as earlier models? Mine's a '13 and I am trying to do the same thing you are.

@CharlieS Yes! They were able to make one for me. Once I receive it (it’s going to arrive this week), I’ll take some photos of it and post here. It sounds like they are planning to have it available for sale on their website as well.

Not sure if it’s the same as pre-2016 200s, but I can’t imagine that it would be different. A call to a parts department may be able to confirm.

According to the parts lookup:
  • 2013 overhead console is 81260-60A81-B0 - says it fits '13/'14/'15
  • 2018 overhead console is 81260-60F30-B0 - says it fits '16/'17/'18/'19
But the sunglass holder is not listed as a separate part, and the dealer doesn't stock either.

What would be good intel for 'mud is to determine whether the sunglass holders are the same dimensions, and if so, which specific Switch-Pros panel adapter is required.

I wonder if the one Jeff is making will only fit the '16-'19, or will also fit the earlier models. And if not, do the earlier ('13-16) models work with the Tacoma gen 3 sunglass adapter.

I've searched for hours trying to figure this out, and am still no closer to an answer.

According to the parts lookup:
  • 2013 overhead console is 81260-60A81-B0 - says it fits '13/'14/'15
  • 2018 overhead console is 81260-60F30-B0 - says it fits '16/'17/'18/'19
But the sunglass holder is not listed as a separate part, and the dealer doesn't stock either.

What would be good intel for 'mud is to determine whether the sunglass holders are the same dimensions, and if so, which specific Switch-Pros panel adapter is required.

I wonder if the one Jeff is making will only fit the '16-'19, or will also fit the earlier models. And if not, do the earlier ('13-16) models work with the Tacoma gen 3 sunglass adapter.

I've searched for hours trying to figure this out, and am still no closer to an answer.
I’ll take some measurements and photos of the holder without the bracket if that helps.

Thanks, I'll do the same. To keep it consistent, will you use metric or standard? I'll do the same.

@CharlieS Yes! They were able to make one for me. Once I receive it (it’s going to arrive this week), I’ll take some photos of it and post here. It sounds like they are planning to have it available for sale on their website as well.

Not sure if it’s the same as pre-2016 200s, but I can’t imagine that it would be different. A call to a parts department may be able to confirm.
Correct. I just spoke with Jeff at Expedition Essentials and once Hurndog receives and confirms fitment, he will send specs to manufacturing and then we can purchase. This is great news and thanks @Hurndog for sending your sunglass holder to them for measurements.

Chrome molding is scuffed then etching primer then painted/cleared. It’s paint, so still prone to staining from bugs and rock chips.
@Eric Sarjeant Thanks for clarifying. I went to four reputable body shops in my area today to inquire on getting my chrome painted black. They didn't want to deal with it, saying that painting over chrome would eventually flake off. I showed them pictures of yours in prep before paint and they pushed me towards wrap or pastidip. Nothing they wanted to take on even if I handed them the grill and trim pieces on a platter. Guess they don't know how to scuff and prep or just not worth it for them.

I had my chrome trim painted by a local body shop. They scuffed it with a 3m pad, cleaned it, used an etching primer and sprayed it with black imron. They were happy to take my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom