Classic Rotor Symptoms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last few hundred miles, my truck is demonstrating a classic symptoms with rotors. A shake when braking, this means it is time for re-surfacing or replace rotors.

I would simply go ahead and order new front rotors if it was any other vehicle but I'm not sure with our truck. I know our truck wears the rear pads faster than the front. So would it be safe to assume that my rear rotors needs replacing? Not the front.

Another thinking is that when braking... my steering wheel does not shake. That leads me to think it is the rear. If so, that would be the first time I ever need to replace rotors in the rear before the front. :)

Thanks in advance...

which suspension setting do you do the majority of your driving in? Depending on which setting you drive in that causes the rears to wear faster (or slower).

Here you can see what my fronts looked like. I had a shake, but not because of warped discs, but because of under-use, or maybe (my theory) from grease seeping out past the Hub Inner Seal. Any grease seeping out would hit excactly on the inside of the brake discs. Not easy to discover either, without taking the calipers off, and provide good lighting.
What you see here is the inner 1/3 of the inside surface is "clogged up" with deposits, making deep grooves in the pads, and not providing much braking.
1343874476_f406011209_o.jpg

which suspension setting do you do the majority of your driving in? Depending on which setting you drive in that causes the rears to wear faster (or slower).

Makes a difference? I usually have it set on either of the two far right switch. Sport or Semi-Sport.

I would think if I have no steering wheel shake, it would means the rear? The steering wheel should shake if bad brake system? Me wrong?

Here you can see what my fronts looked like. I had a shake, but not because of warped discs, but because of under-use, or maybe (my theory) from grease seeping out past the Hub Inner Seal. Any grease seeping out would hit excactly on the inside of the brake discs. Not easy to discover either, without taking the calipers off, and provide good lighting.
What you see here is the inner 1/3 of the inside surface is "clogged up" with deposits, making deep grooves in the pads, and not providing much braking.
1343874476_f406011209_o.jpg

I guess I'll need to get rotors first before I try to check this out. No sense pulling out calipers, and to find that I need rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom