Events/Trails Classic Cruize 4 Walnut Canyon make sure MLK weekend is open Saturday January 16th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @mtn biker for setting up the run and the kwel stikerz!

Saturday morning waiting for the run
7D_37281-small.jpg

First break
7D_37300-small.jpg

Killer Kliffs
7D_37338-small.jpg

Our trail guide Claudia
7D_37340-small.jpg

The lone 60
7D_37341-small.jpg

Spent Sunday night camping at "The Boulders" along the Florence-Kelvin highway
7D_37449-small.jpg
7D_37450-small.jpg
7D_37465-small.jpg

Crested Saguaro along the Florence-Kelvin Highway
7D_37482-small.jpg

Ben gave me a tip about a dirt road connecting the Florence-Kelvin highway to Willow Springs Road. Made for a nice MLK day drive through the desert.
7D_37503-small.jpg

Thanks everyone for the turn out. I always get nervous about planning a run especially the Classic Cruize on weather or not people will show up. If anyone wants one that couldn't come i believe that i still have a few run stickers stickers left.

Looks like a great outing and nice trail as well. ‘76 is coming along and hope to have it out there next years run. Thanks for all the excellent pictures 👍

Good stuff, I hope to run that trail this saturday. Got the LX back from the shop today and looking forward to a shake down run. Great pics. Makes me miss my 45 even more...

Just this last weekend I went to a classic Toyota event in Amado and a guy who owns a Toyota dealership in Las Cruces brought his '69 Fj40 down and won best in show. He was really interested in the annual Classic Cruize from the commemorative stickers on the windshield of Uma. He even went as far as to say that he wants to come to next years Classic Cruize and would try to talk to a "local" dealer into sponsoring it. He can't because it is out of his jurisdiction. I am still holding onto the idea of passing the torch to someone else to organize and plan next year's Classic Cruize but might be convinced to do it one more year if no one steps up. I would hate to see this marquee event stop happening.

Just this last weekend I went to a classic Toyota event in Amado and a guy who owns a Toyota dealership in Las Cruces brought his '69 Fj40 down and won best in show. He was really interested in the annual Classic Cruize from the commemorative stickers on the windshield of Uma. He even went as far as to say that he wants to come to next years Classic Cruize and would try to talk to a "local" dealer into sponsoring it. He can't because it is out of his jurisdiction. I am still holding onto the idea of passing the torch to someone else to organize and plan next year's Classic Cruize but might be convinced to do it one more year if no one steps up. I would hate to see this marquee event stop happening.
I could maybe possibly be talked into taking it over and sponsoring it.... I mean classic cruisers and toyotas is kind of our thing🤷‍♂️

I could maybe possibly be talked into taking it over and sponsoring it.... I mean classic cruisers and toyotas is kind of our thing🤷‍♂️
What i did is pick a trail usually a medium skill level when it is not too hot and somewhere in the middle of the state, publish it. There are some creative people who helped with sticker designs and i know a guy who has a printing shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom