Classic Cruiser Giveaway #3 - 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BUILD THREAD HEADER.jpg

Salutations fellow Cruiser Heads! I'm a bit late on the draw here in creating this thread but better late than never! This FJ40 will be the 3rd Land Cruiser that Cruiser Gear will give away, hence the thread title Classic Cruiser Giveaway #3!

Classic Cruiser Giveaway #1 - 1974 FJ40 -
Winner: Joe A. of Houston TX
Classic Cruiser Giveaway #2 - 1988 FJ62 -
Winner: Adrian S. of Los Angeles CA
Classic Cruiser Giveaway #3 - 1978 FJ40 - Winner: COULD BE YOU!

So how do you enter to win it? It's simple, just head on over to Cruiser Gear's website and treat yourself to something nice, because every $1 spent there gets your name entered in the pot to win! It's that easy! Maybe you grab a sweet 40 series t-shirt for $25, well that means your name is in the hat 25 times for the random drawing!

IH8MUD has been awesome enough to jump on board again to sponsor this giveaway as well! So be sure to watch this thread for updates on the rig, as well as posts of new products that you can buy that automatically get you entered win this 1978 FJ40! Oh, and did we mention this FJ40 also comes with $5,000 cash? That's right, cash! This added cash on top of the FJ40 will help the winner cover transportation, taxes, registration, etc.

We often get asked "How is it possible for a company who sells t-shirts to GIVE AWAY A LAND CRUISER?" Well it's not as crazy as you might think. Think about how much money some companies spend on marketing. And the goal of said marketing is to get people to visit their site and purchase their products. Some companies spend $20k a month for some billboards. Some spend $100k a month on Facebook ads. All that money is spent with the goal of driving traffic to their business and making more sales.

What makes Cruiser Gear a bit different on the other hand is we would rather pool together our marketing budget and put it towards buying/building an amazing Land Cruiser and then giving it away to a random customer! We know it sounds crazy, but why not? It drives traffic to our site. It drives sales. It provides marketing for our sponsors and partners. Plus it's WAY MORE FUN to market this way than a billboard or something!

So what are you waiting for? Treat yourself to a high quality product from our site and automatically enter your name in the pot for the random drawing of this 1978 FJ40 Land Cruiser!

For more updates, follow @cruisergear on Instagram.
Click here for more information and official sweepstakes rules including a no-purchase-necessary method of entry.

Thanks guys! Happy trails!
www.CruiserGear.co
Blake - Cruiser Gear owner

Last edited:
BUILD THREAD SPONSORS.jpg

The Cruiser Gear Classic Cruiser Giveaway #3 is sponsored by:

TREAD LIGHTLY!
For over 30 years, Tread Lightly! has been promoting responsible recreation through trail clean ups, restoration projects and education, keeping our public lands healthy, accessible and open for all to enjoy. We are proud to partner with Tread Lightly for this giveaway! That means you can donate to Tread Lightly through our website and your donation will automatically enter you in the giveaway!

Cruiser Outfitters
Our go-to shop for any Land Cruiser parts. We couldn't have built the CCG#1, CCG#2, or CCG#3 cruisers without them! Ror the CCG#3 FJ40 they hooked it up big time with fresh wheels, weather stripping, shocks, taillight covers, and more! If you need any parts for your projects, don't hesitate to give them a call. They're an amazingly knowledgable and a true asset to the Cruiser community!

A Rusted Development
ARD Offroad has absolutely blew our minds with their service quality and speed of the installs on these projects. They're absolute legends. It is great to be able to drop off your pride and joy vehicle to a shop and know that they will take pride in their work and not try to take advantage of you as a customer! Whether you're looking for a shop who really knows their way around a knuckle-job, or a shop that can swap an 80 series chassis under your 60 series body, do a clean LS V8 swap, or other crazy projects, give Mr. Jake a call!

Corbeau Seats USA
Whether on the street, track, or offroad, Corbeau has set the bar for what defines excellence in aftermarket seating. Impeccable attention to detail is put into every seat design to ensure that when you sit in your seat, you experience comfort and support like you have never felt before. Corbeau hooked us up with some beautiful, heated, reclining Sport Seats for this FJ40 so that you can ride in comfort with some toasty buns!

IH8MUD
If you're reading this, you already know! I remember my first time posting a question about my 1984 FJ60 on Mud way back in the year 2002, and within a few hours some knowledgable folks replied with the answers I needed. And in the decades since then we have all gained so much invaluable insight through Mud. So thank you Mud for all you do and for all the years you've been doing it! And thank you for allowing us to share these sweepstakes to all the Cruiser Heads on this amazing forum!

SCALE BUILERS GUILD
The Scale Builder's Guild is a purpose built website with one goal in mind. Uniting scale radio control builders worldwide and providing an environment to share our projects, knowledge and talent. Their forums are a great place to see innovative ideas, find inspiration and check out the great projects from our members. You'll easily see their sense of community and how it makes them stand miles apart from other online forums.

Mr Land Cruiser
We searched the internet for a FJ40 hi-lift mount that would meet our quality requirements. Finally we found one and it is made in Australia by the good folks at Mr. Land Cruiser. We cannot wait to get ours mounted! Definitely check them out if you need a hi-lift mount!

Last edited:
12.1.20 WEB BANNER 1BArtboard 1.jpg

GET TO KNOW THE CCG#3 FJ40!

She’s a beaut! You know what they say about surgeons’ hands? Well, this LC was owned by a surgeon. Then sold to another surgeon. And around the year Y2K, that surgeon had her professionally restored then inducted into it his climate-controlled, classic car warehouse. (See warehouse in the photo below from the day we purchased this beauty!)

CCG3-EARLY-MISC-016.jpg

She’s been started and driven regularly over the past 20 years, accumulating a dainty 5K miles. Can you say “living the good life”? This crooner is the type who’d ask for champagne in the dressing room. Before the show. But, don’t let the whole pampered picture steer you wrongly: True to Land Cruiser form, this is one rugged beast, ready for a new generation of epic memory-making. You shouldn’t settle for staring at it all day (although you might find yourself spending more time in your garage, or setting a pic for your Zoom background). Slide behind the wheel! Chase down a sunset! See where the [off]road leads!

SPECS4.jpg

- Very smooth 4 speed manual
- Strong and healthy 2F motor with 5,000k miles post-rebuild
- Effortless power steering
- Disc brakes up front
- 20-year-old paint job is still CRISP with no bubbles (which suggests it was done the right way, no bondo underneath!)
- Includes a legendary Warn 8274 winch
- Galvanized chassis for rust prevention
- Custom roll cage (safety first)
- Corbeau heated Sport Seats
- Fresh Old Man Emu shocks
- 90k miles on the clock, 5k miles since restoration

Oh, and did we mention this FJ40 also comes with $5,000 cash? That's right, cash! This added cash on top of the FJ40 will help the winner cover transportation, taxes, registration, etc.

So what are you waiting for? Treat yourself to a quality product from
Cruiser Gear Co. Worst case scenario is you get your quality goods and enjoy it for years to come. Best case scenario is you get your quality foods and enjoy them for years to come... behind the wheel of your 1978 FJ40!

Last edited:
With this build we started with a really clean base. As we've already mentioned above, this rig was restored a low number of miles ago. As well as the resto job was, we wanted to kind of un-do some of the early 2000's styling queues and get it back to a more original look and style. First on the list was some fresh factory steelies and dogbowls from Cruiser Outfitters. We had them powdercoated white to go with the upcoming blue stripes.

1612385348992.png

5C190389-3EF1-467B-AE26-7A0F323F9B99.jpeg

Enter to win this FJ40 Land Cruiser at www.CruiserGear.co

Another relic of the early 2000's was adding racing bucket seats and 5 point harnesses to any and every offroad build :rofl:. Problem with these race buckets is they do not recline and they are so deep that it makes getting in and out of the rig very difficult. Here in Utah we really are quite lucky to be surrounded by so many high-caliber offroad companies. I contacted Corbeau about the build and they were super excited to help out! We discussed the priorities and styling preferences we were going for and they recommended a pair of heated Sport Seats. Their website describes the Sport Seat as follows "The Sport Seat was specifically designed for the customer who wants to maintain a stock look but with a sporty edge. It is extremely comfortable and will enhance not only the looks of your vehicle but also your overall driving experience." Having sat in these Sport Seats I can fully agree!

I grabbed some poser photos of the Sport Seats before bringing them to A Rusted Development to have custom brackets fabricated and the seats installed:

1612385918159.png
1612385947953.png

Entering to win this FJ40 is super simple. Come check out www.CruiserGear.co and see!

Fresh meats!
33 x 10.5 x 15 BFG K02's on 15" oem steelies. I see a lot of 4x4 related giveaways online and a good percentage of them are giving away a set of tires. Well we are too! Just so happens that the tires we are giving away are attached to a Land Cruiser that we're giving away with the tires!

1612386207443.png

1612386295739.png

Enter to win these fresh tires, an FJ40, and $5,000 cash at
www.CruiserGear.co

Looking for an excuse to enter #ClassicCruiserGiveaway #3? How about our jerrycan hip flasks? Good for 20 instant entries in the giveaway!

Sometimes you need to carry some spare "fuel" to help you make it through a long day! These pocket flasks make a great gift for the any offroad enthusiast! They are durable and dare I say... adorable. Currently available in olive green, or red!

• Constructed of stainless steel
  • Laser etched CG monogram
  • Holds 5oz of Tang, or.. whatever "fuel" you like to drink!
  • Measures roughly 3.75" x 2.75" x 1"
12.11.20 prods - -08.jpg

Treat yo'self!

JERRYCAN HIP FLASKS

Looking for an excuse to enter #ClassicCruiserGiveaway #3? How about our jerrycan hip flasks? Good for 20 instant entries in the giveaway!

Sometimes you need to carry some spare "fuel" to help you make it through a long day! These pocket flasks make a great gift for the any offroad enthusiast! They are durable and dare I say... adorable. Currently available in olive green, or red!

• Constructed of stainless steel
  • Laser etched CG monogram
  • Holds 5oz of Tang, or.. whatever "fuel" you like to drink!
  • Measures roughly 3.75" x 2.75" x 1"
View attachment 2575942

Treat yo'self!

JERRYCAN HIP FLASKS
These Jerrycan Hip Flasks are actually pretty cool. I picked up 2 of them for Xmas. Very inconspicuous and unique. Fill them up with silly juice and they’re great. 🥴

Dropped this beauty off to our friends at A Rusted Development so they can get some things dialed in, suspension and seats installed, and a couple little issues addressed. Can't wait to get it back next week and to shoot some new photos and videos with it!

E6DEAE08-9EA0-4D35-A4A4-C4BEF1D9D19C.jpeg

Remember, all it takes to win this Land Cruiser is to treat yourself to something from our website! Thank you for all who have entered already, it is literally you customers who help us continue to give away Land Cruisers!

Here's a popular product that a lot of Mud members choose when entering their name in the pot! The Tailgater Tire Table is a great accessory to keep in your camping kit. It's light and compact and you don't need level ground to have a level table, just hang it over your tire! These tables are great for a little camp stove, hand-washing station, or even a lunch for a couple people! (mug and insulated water bottle also in stock!)
1612984473476.png

www.CruiserGear.co

I thought you fine muddy folks would enjoy this video. It definitely brings out the polarized comments on Facebook! Half of the comments say things like "this commercial is amazing, thank you! it made my day!" and the other half of them say things like "you need to fire everyone involved in the making of this horrendous video, especially the actor!" (the "actor" is me. i probably won't fire myself anytime soon:rofl:)

Less than 2 weeks left to get entered to win this FJ40! We're giving 2 entries for every $1 now through 3/24!

Did you know, you can also donate to Tread Lightly through our site and earn entries that way? Awesome right! Come support a great cause and maybe win yourself an FJ40 as a result!

3.18.21 - DONATION TALLY.jpg

Treat yourself to some quality products designed by Cruiser Heads, FOR Cruiser Heads!
www.CruiserGear.co

Outfitted myself and my lovely lady with some Cruiser Gear apparel. She's rocking her TEQ Light Hoodie just about everywhere she goes now. Entering this drawing is a win-win. I either win, or I get to rock cool apparel I bought as an entry. 😂

Love the Instagram page!

Still open?
It closed on the 31st of March, I believe. You could try reaching out to them on IG or their website.

Hello Muddy Buddies! If you follow us on social media this will not be news to you, but we have drawn a winner and delivered the vehicle to them! We're super excited about it for a couple reasons.
1: it's our first female winner!
2: it's our first East Coast winner!

Without further adieu, meet Jamie Lee of Cape Cod, Massachusetts!

Jamie purchased one item during Classic Cruiser Giveaway #3. She bought a t-shirt as a Valentines Day gift and just like that here one t-shirt turned into a FJ40 + $5,000!
WINNERS - CCG#3 - JAMIE LEE.png

They were unable to fly to Utah to pick up the vehicle in person so we sent it across the country on a car transporter and it arrived in Cape Cod right around the beginning of May! I don't know if Jamie is a member of the forum but I will let her know about this thread and maybe she will be able to comment in this thread down the road to keep us all informed on the new East Coast life of this FJ40!

image.jpg

We are also super proud to report that we demolished our $10,000 donation goal for Tread Lightly! We actually ended up raising $14,000 which we will be delivering to Tread Lightly very soon. Just working on getting a videographer there with us that day to document the special occasion.

3.31.21 - DONATION TALLY.jpg

Thank you all for your support! We cannot wait to start CCG#4. We are working on the vehicle currently and plan to complete all the work on it prior to starting the giveaway so it may take us another month or so but stay tuned!

Blake
Cruiser Gear owner

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom