Classic Cruiser Giveaway #2 - 1988 FJ62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BUILD THREAD HEADER.jpg

Hello fellow Cruiser Heads! We are extremely excited to start this build thread. Some of you may recall our first Classic Cruiser Giveaway FJ40 that we gave away to Joe Arellano in Houston, TX. Well we are back at it again and this time we are going to give away this beautiful 1988 FJ62!

So how do you enter to win it? It's simple, just head on over to Cruiser Gear's website and treat yourself to something nice, because every $1 spent there gets your name entered to win! Maybe you grab a sweet 60 series tshirt for $25, well that means your name is in the hat 25 times for the random drawing!

IH8MUD has been awesome enough to jump on board again and this giveaway as well! So be sure to watch this thread for updates on the rig, as well as posts of new products that you can buy that automatically get you entered win this 1988 FJ62!

For more updates, follow @cruisergear on Instagram! Click here for more information and official sweepstakes rules.

Thanks guys!

www.CruiserGear.co
Blake - Cruiser Gear owner

Last edited:
SPONSOR POSTER.2000px.jpg

The Cruiser Gear Classic Cruiser Giveaway #2 is sponsored by:

Corsetti Cruisers
Brian helped us find this 1988 FJ62. It's a rest free so-cal cruiser. Around 190k mi with a 1" thick folder of maintenance records from the previous owner! After finding the 62, Corsetti hooked it up with a nice chassis coat treatment and of course those essential Corsetti stripes! If you're looking for a place to buy a very clean Cruiser, definitely check them out!

Cruiser Outfitters
This our go-to shop for any Land Cruiser parts. We couldn't have built the CCG1 FJ40 without them, and for the CCG2 FJ62 they hooked it up big time with an ARB front bumper, and 2.5" OME lift! If you need any parts for your projects, don't hesitate to give them a call. They're an amazingly knowledgable, and a true asset to the Cruiser community!

A Rusted Development
ARD Offroad absolutely blew our minds with their service quality and speed of the installs. We dropped the cruiser off one afternoon at 1pm and by 4pm the same day I was receiving photos of the Cruiser with the 2.5" lift already installed! The next day the bumpers, winch were installed. The next day the front axle rebuild was done! Absolute legends. Whether you're looking for a shop who knows their way around a knuckle-job, or a shop that does 80 chassis swaps, v8 swaps, or other crazy projects, give the Jake a call!

Tenacity Overlanding
Tenacity is giving the 62 a nice exterior treatment to make this 32 year old paint really shine. They're experienced paint and body guys with a sweet Youtube channel as well. If you're looking for some custom Kevlar coating on your Cruiser, these are the guys to do it!

IH8MUD
If you're reading this, you already know! I remember posting a question about my 1984 FJ60 on Mud way back in the year 2002, and within a few hours some knowledgable folks replied with the answers I needed. So thank you Mud for all you do and for all the years you've been doing it! And thank you for allowing us to share these sweepstakes to all the Cruiser Heads on this amazing forum!

RC4WD
RC4WD has been a global leader in high end scale automotive model products for over 14 years. If you've ever been fooled by a photo of a Land Cruiser thinking it was a real full-sized car, only to find out it is actually a RC model, chances are you were looking at an RC4WD product. If you're looking to add a fun new aspect to your love of Toyotas and love of offroading, I HIGHLY recommend trying 1:10 scale RC. RC4WD has everything you will need to get started in this fun new hobby!

SCALE BUILERS GUILD
The Scale Builder's Guild is a purpose built website with one goal in mind. Uniting scale radio control builders worldwide and providing an environment to share our projects, knowledge and talent. Their forums are a great place to see innovative ideas, find inspiration and check out the great projects from our members.
You'll easily see their sense of community and how it makes them stand miles apart from other RC forums.

CHAOS THEORY
We love working with people who are passionate and take pride in their work and 5 minutes after meeting Justin you can tell he exemplifies that in every way. Their mobile detailing operation is pretty sweet. It's all self-contained, off the grid, and all packed into a sweet 3rd Gen Tacoma (#yotafam!) What that means is they can detail your car basically anywhere in Utah. No water hookups or electrical hookups needed! Want them to detail your 4Runner in the parking garage while you're at your work? Done. Want them to detail your 4Runner at cars n' coffee? Done. Want them to detail your 80 Series at your cabin in Park City? Done. Want them to detail your boat or RV at the storage unit? ️Done. Want them to detail your car on location while filming at the Salt Flats? ️Done. You get the idea. When you're looking to detail your car in Utah choose @chaostheoryutah!

Last edited:
Awesome website! I just ordered everything you had related to 60 series. Winning the 62 wouldn’t be so bad either!

I've tried ordering from them twice. Both times they listed the product as in stock, took my money, then informed me of a backorder a week later. Just sayin'....

I've tried ordering from them twice. Both times they listed the product as in stock, took my money, then informed me of a backorder a week later. Just sayin'....
Thanks for your feedback! We did have issues tracking inventory quantities during our last FJ40 giveaway, but have since taken steps to fix them in the last month or two. Now when a product is out of stock but we have inventory inbound, the site will display a "backorder now" button display instead of an add-to-cart button, also a there is a backorder pop-up notification that appears when viewing your active cart letting you know of the backorder product in your cart and what time-frame to expect.

Hopefully these measures will help avoid future confusion. 🤘😎🤘

Last edited:
I have ordered stuff from the last giveaway and it came in, and use it daily "Coffee Cup"... So don't be discouraged. @cruisergear is a good guy, all you need to do is send a message and it will get squared away. Personally I still want that 40, but I can't say no to a 60 series...

ordered.....THANKS!!

I have ordered stuff from the last giveaway and it came in, and use it daily "Coffee Cup"... So don't be discouraged. @cruisergear is a good guy, all you need to do is send a message and it will get squared away. Personally I still want that 40, but I can't say no to a 60 series...
Didn't you just get a sweet 40?

Just ordered matching shirts for the wife and I. Also a 5 speed sticker, couldn’t resist. Thank you! @cruisergear

So as you all can see from the first post in this thread, the vehicle build is basically done. But I wanted to back up and document the journey of this 62's life.

This is what it looked like when I first laid eyes on it and knew it was the one!

15B4694C-CE34-4E15-8E51-9576EF1878F1.jpeg

We had been working with Corsetti Cruisers for about 6 months searching for just the right rig to use as our starting base. This single owner, so-cal based Cruiser came to Corsetti with a folder nearly an inch thick full of receipts documenting meticulous maintenance throughout its life. We put a deposit down immediately, Corsetti got down to business fixing some minor things and doing some touchups. And of course those stripes! A few weeks later it was done and we flew out to LA to pick it up and drive it home!

17F47B69-4E67-4496-88FD-02DEE3155E50.jpeg

And of course I couldn't fly all the way out to LA and not go see the ocean! So I drove it down to the Santa Monica Pier, grabbed a burger, and picked up some shells off the beach for my daughter. While I was eating, several people stopped to admire the 62, even though just a few cars over was parked a pretty crazy blacked out Lambo and a cool Camaro SS.
A67653C5-946C-43EB-B61E-6C97F55984A8_1_201_a.jpeg

Keep in mind this was in the middle of December so I really did not want to leave the Pier and head back to snowy Utah haha. But eventually I built up the willpower to start heading east away from the ocean.

More pics from the road-trip to Utah will come so be ready for a photo dump next time I get on!

www.
CruiserGear.co

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom