Events/Trails Classic Cruise 2020 - 4/25/2020 (1 Viewer)

classic cruise trail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just looking at last years itinerary and we met up at 8:30 to be able to hit the trail by 9. Depending on how the kids roller hockey team does in their play offs, I might be planning on camping the night before. But lets meet up just like last year at 8:30 to get to be able to get on the trail by 9. What are some good areas to meet up in Florence that can accommodate about 20 vehicles?

1584041105182.png

With everything getting postponed, canceled, called off suspended, because of corona virus, this picture says it all. It is going to take a lot to cancel the Classic Cruize.

@murf and I are staring to work on the details for this years classic cruise but save the date for the last weekend in April on the 25th. the location will be fairly centralized for the most part, between Phoenix and Tucson probably near Florence. It shouldn't conflict with country thunder, like last year, as that is the week before the classic cruise. I am going to be putting out some options for the trails so it can be both a one day trip or an over-nighter if people want. This will be a true Classic Cruise so the same rules apply as last year any 4x4 Toyota from 1989 and older so it will be plenty friendly to the more vintage Cruisers. If you have a first gen 4runner, pickup, cruiser all are welcome. If your vehicle does not fit the criteria but you want to come you can always ask to be a passenger in one of the rigs that is going. I have heard from many people that the coke ovens are closed because one got knocked down. Knowing that makes no sense to go if we can't see them. Box canyon will go to Reymert mine so this years run will start in Florence go up through box canyon to Reymert mine and finish on the 60. This will be a most of the day trip with chances to stop for lunch. In addition to the commemorative sticker, there will also be "door" prizes. categories to be announced on the day of the run.

Going so far
Me- @mtn biker
@murf
@Cruiserhiggs
@samtoddlee
@Hank Tank
@splitshot
@FJFORTYFAN
@ftbshop
@JackA
@Sheppard
@Honger
@msahr
@brices123
@ollanik

Possible attendees or wanting to ride shotgun
@Enrique Sonora
@tls3601
@Toyota4Low
As long as i get the day off work, i will be there with my truck

Postpone your hunt!!! :)

That is not how it works. Hunts have dates you can hunt. Most like spring turkey are drawing and only the ones drawn can hunt. The cost of the permit and hunting license is already spent. Plus not knowing when you will get drawn again. While I don't hunt anymore can understand those who do deciding which to do.

And the winner is .........
20200316_154607.jpg

[
View attachment 2241423USER=24282]@murf[/USER] and I are staring to work on the details for this years classic cruise but save the date for the last weekend in April on the 25th. the location will be fairly centralized for the most part, between Phoenix and Tucson probably near Florence. It shouldn't conflict with country thunder, like last year, as that is the week before the classic cruise. I am going to be putting out some options for the trails so it can be both a one day trip or an over-nighter if people want. This will be a true Classic Cruise so the same rules apply as last year any 4x4 Toyota from 1989 and older so it will be plenty friendly to the more vintage Cruisers. If you have a first gen 4runner, pickup, cruiser all are welcome. If your vehicle does not fit the criteria but you want to come you can always ask to be a passenger in one of the rigs that is going. I have heard from many people that the coke ovens are closed because one got knocked down. Knowing that makes no sense to go if we can't see them. Box canyon will go to Reymert mine so this years run will start in Florence go up through box canyon to Reymert mine and finish on the 60. This will be a most of the day trip with chances to stop for lunch. In addition to the commemorative sticker, there will also be "door" prizes. categories to be announced on the day of the run.

Going so far
Me- @mtn biker
@murf
@Cruiserhiggs
@samtoddlee
@Hank Tank
@splitshot
@FJFORTYFAN
@ftbshop
@JackA
@Sheppard
@Honger
@msahr
@brices123
@ollanik

Possible attendees or wanting to ride shotgun
@Enrique Sonora
@tls3601
@Toyota4Low
Please do not be like everyone else and cancel/postpone this trail ride. I need it! And everyone will be in their own vehicles. Need a fun time in this chaos of stupidity!

IMG_20190413_113110.jpg

If you are truly worried about covid 19 SA faceshields usually has these for sale buy 1 get 4 free. It isn't a scam i personally have done this a couple of times plus if the weather is dusty they make great air filters so you don't have to breathe dust all day. Safishing.com

I am not planning on canceling but we positive thoughts and happy energy and what ever other superstitions to keep the land and the trail open.

Hey. I am going to try to get a meetup spot for the Tucson peeps. Thinking same spot as last year. Beyond Bread parking lot off oracle and ina. 421 W Ina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704. But need the official time and place where everyone is meeting up (In Florence?). I saw 8:30 and hit the trail by 9 but if i could get the final details, that would help me a lot with getting the tucson group together.
Thanks in advance

So our governor has issued a stay-at -home policy.

TUCSON, Ariz. — Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced Monday afternoon that he signed an executive order calling for nonessential businesses to close, asking the public to stay home. Ducey says the order will go into effect at 5 p.m. Tuesday until April 30, and calls for Arizonans to stay at home except for certain "essential" activities.
Ducey says the order will go into effect at 5 p.m. Tuesday until April 30, and calls for Arizonans to stay at home except for certain "essential" activities.

The relics run is an “essential activity” right? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. 😉😉

Anything Land Cruiser related is essential

So our governor has issued a stay-at -home policy.

TUCSON, Ariz. — Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced Monday afternoon that he signed an executive order calling for nonessential businesses to close, asking the public to stay home. Ducey says the order will go into effect at 5 p.m. Tuesday until April 30, and calls for Arizonans to stay at home except for certain "essential" activities.
Ducey says the order will go into effect at 5 p.m. Tuesday until April 30, and calls for Arizonans to stay at home except for certain "essential" activities.

The relics run is an “essential activity” right? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. 😉😉

He also stated that it was equally essential to "stay connected" with each other, by definition this is both an "essential" and "connected" activity while practicing safe social distancing. And is going to greatly help with the overall mental health and well being of the entire group in attendance. At this time my wife and I both still plan on attending...……

With that being said we also take the Gov's order quite seriously so therefore my wife and I will be practicing social distancing while at the Classic Cruise with other members in attendance. We also commit to dip out if we are feeling unwell in order to be respectful to others in attendance, and we commit to keep our vehicles a minimum of 6' apart. ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail.

He also stated that it was equally essential to "stay connected" with each other, by definition this is both an "essential" and "connected" activity while practicing safe social distancing. And is going to greatly help with the overall mental health and well being of the entire group in attendance. At this time my wife and I both still plan on attending...……

With that being said we also take the Gov's order quite seriously so therefore my wife and I will be practicing social distancing while at the Classic Cruise with other members in attendance. We also commit to dip out if we are feeling unwell in order to be respectful to others in attendance, and we commit to keep our vehicles a minimum of 6' apart. ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail.
That is sound prudent advice. Stay healthy and if you are not feeling well please do what is needed to recuperate. If you cannot make it but still want a sticker that is fine i can always get one to you.

That is sound prudent advice. Stay healthy and if you are not feeling well please do what is needed to recuperate. If you cannot make it but still want a sticker that is fine i can always get one to you.

Isn't that like cheating? That being said, were there stickers for last year?

Also agree with the more serious aspects. Keep safe everyone.

From Govenor Duecy's address yesterday:

"During Monday’s announcement, Ducey encouraged people to enjoy the outdoors as long as they are keeping clear of others.

“We do not want people to feel trapped or isolated in their homes. The weather is beautiful right now. Find ways to get out and enjoy it — with physical distancing,” he said."

here is the entire executive order as from the Governor

I'll try and make it. I'll see if I can change my work schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom