Clarification on Toyota Coolant [Pink and Red] (2021)

Visit site
closing this chapter:

Just to clarify to all for those who wish to remain in the red coolant category:

Super Long Life Coolant - Toyota ( 00272-SLLC2 ) (Also says "pink" on the label) is not the same as Red Toyota Antifreeze Coolant (1 Gallon) - Toyota (00272-1LLAC-01)

The latter, toyota red, is designed for the older toyota models and must be mixed with distilled water (either 50/50, 60/40 or 70/30).

I’ve read more water means (the 70%) is better cooling at cooling with (30% antifreeze) as water is better at transferring heat. Readers should do their own research on this topic. I will be going with the boring 50/50 mix.

math.gif

Last edited:
Visit site
closing this chapter:

Just to clarify to all for those who wish to remain in the red coolant category:

Super Long Life Coolant - Toyota ( 00272-SLLC2 ) (Also says "pink" on the label) is not the same as Red Toyota Antifreeze Coolant (1 Gallon) - Toyota (00272-1LLAC-01)

The latter, toyota red, is designed for the older toyota models and must be mixed with distilled water (either 50/50, 60/40 or 70/30). More water means better cooling as water is better at handling heat.

View attachment 2691406
Thank you for posting this.

I would like to see your support of this comment though:

"More water means better cooling as water is better at handling heat."

That would insinuate that just water would cool better than water mixed with coolant, and that is certainly NOT true.

leonard_nemoy

SILVER Star
Visit site
Thank you for posting this.

I would like to see your support of this comment though:

"More water means better cooling as water is better at handling heat."

That would insinuate that just water would cool better than water mixed with coolant, and that is certainly NOT true.

Specific heat of water: 4.2 j/g C
Specific heat of etheleyne glycol: 2.433 j/g C

Pretty big difference between the two. Straight water certainly WILL cool better.

This is why NHRA race cars along with others run pure water.

Here is an interesting article on the subject.

Glycol Or Water - Which Is The Better Coolant? - Hot Rod Magazine - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/glycol-or-water-coolant/

That being said coolant is also important because it inhibits corrosion and extends the life of a cooling system, not to mention the whole freezing issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom