clamps for brake tubes on the front axle housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi every body

i looking for clamps for my brake tubes on the front axle housing
this parts are unavailable with dealers toyota

how have you solve this problem of clamps?

following one picture the coating rubber arrond the part is gone ..
thank you for your help or solutions

IMG_1882.JPG

Last edited:
Make your own.

hi,
yes it's possible (diy)
but the probleme is the coating ( platic ? rubber?) who exist on this parts (to protect the tube)

There is a rubber dip for tools that might work and you can get it in colors for that designer look.

Bead blast, replate and dip several times in plasti-dip.

Not the best pic but the best I've got.

-Geoff

View attachment 1829043

hi,
i looking for this clamp for my two BJ40 ( all my clamps are out of order)
do you know a dealer ( who can ship in France)? or a supplier for this clamp ?
i am ready to buy 20 of them

I use Plasti-Dip in the can - not the aerosol. Prepare the item for paint, etc. Apply your finish (zinc, paint, powder coat, etc) then, after appropriate drying time, dip the clamp in the Plasti Dip can up to the desired depth. After you pull it out then quickly smooth out any tail or curly Q before it skins over. You only have a few seconds in my experience. Sometimes you can lightly shake or vibrate the item to get the Plasti Dip to smooth out. Then let it dry overnight. It will shrink up and look almost exactly like the OEM rubber coating. You can recoat/re-dip after it has cured but you will want to overlap the second coat beyond the edge of the first coat so plan a head if you have a very specific point where you want the coating to end. I did some frame mounted wiring harness clips and my brake booster hose clamp 20 years ago and the rubber still looks good on all of them.

I've used heat shrink tubing. Harbor Freight has a kit with sizes ranging from about a 1/4" up to 1" for only a few bucks. You can put 2 or 3 layers on to get a thickness you like.

Pete

hi,
last week
i was gone to me dealer Toyota , he had checked with his EPC , impossible to have this parts
if you can give me some Toyota reference (same style and available)
thank you

made my own in stainless steel.cut a rubber hose in pieces which will fit over the brakelines and inside the clamps.No dip or paint,no rust.
2013-11-26 21.21.00.jpg

and also on the fuel lines.

20160821_203419.jpg

Last edited:
it's lifetime warranty!
Congratulations for your stainless steel parts, but what is the secret to form correctly the round?

1mm stainless Steel wrapped around a 10 mm round pin.Other shapes formed with flat bars and hammer and benchvise .
Works on a 60 frame so should be no problem on a 40/55 frame.

i found some insulated ones at the local h ware in the electrical dept

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom