CK backroad 2-24-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey myself and skyehunter are going up Sunday morning to crown king via the backroad of course figured to take advantage of the beautiful weather and of course the saloon once we reach the top everyone and anyone is of course invited meeting up at the chevron or McDonald's next door at 7:30 and departing around 8 kids and dogs welcome and dress relatively warm cuz it might be a very slight chance of snow. Chances are there won't be any but you never know so if any one is interested please pm me or just show up

I went up there a few weekends ago when one of the storms rolled through. Always makes for a better ride during the inclement weather. Trail is graded smooth as I have ever seen it though, very disappointing.

I went up there a few weekends ago when one of the storms rolled through. Always makes for a better ride during the inclement weather. Trail is graded smooth as I have ever seen it though, very disappointing.

I have no problem with them grading the road. It only gets done when it gets really bad. As much traffic as it gets, it won't take but one good spring rain/runoff and it will be gnarly as ever. It's not supposed to be a hardcore buggy trail. I respect that the people of CK (and surrounding area) spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep that road open. It would of long ago become unpassable otherwise.

Sounds like fun... I should be a go for this one!

Is this still on?

CK received 5"+ the other day but its melting fast. So far no one has made it up from the back way or Senators Hwy since the snow. The store reports they are in a huge mud bog and see that as the biggest problem getting up other then the main road.

:popcorn:

Good point Phil. I hope to hear from redmuttonchops tonight as I won't be able to check it tomorrow as I'll be out camping...

Well we are a go so any one that's coming up expect mud and Probally no traffic

Well we are a go so any one that's coming up expect mud and Probally no traffic
I would expect lots of people to be there playing in the mud. There's lots of folks that like that. I would not be surprised to see some of them well stuck. Some folks like that too. New Years day we wheeled up to the top of 4 Peaks in the snow. There were lots of folks up there that should not have been. They were having lots of fun getting stuck. Good luck. Have fun. Be safe. Post pix. John

Well if that's so well have our first CSC recovery. Service

Toyota any model free
Domestic trucks $35
Full size dullies $50
All other trucks $30
Hummers... $The finger for free ...There on there own cuz they spend that kind of money they should of bought better tires and a better rig
Quads and motorcycles $20
Buggies $100
Jeeps all makes and models $100 and free pics and Video posted on you tube

I checked with the old lady..:princess:, me and the kids are a GO!! I've been wanting to go to CK.

Last edited:
I second that

Of course I pack my truck, run it over to gas up and my check engine light comes on. :bang:

Now I can't find the :censor: ODBII scanner to see how series it is... :mad:

Doubt I'll be able to make it after all. :crybaby:

Yes we will bring donuts

Sorry about that wtffj80 that's sucks but at least you found out now and not on the trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom