SOLD CityRacer 2F Carb, in Box, used 10 miles, Suspected Faulty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Bought this CityRacer Carb new, installed, could not get it to work right. Went back to the Aisin and no issues. I think the manufacturer is Mount Fuji.

It's got maybe 10 miles on it, very clean still in box. If you're a carb guru maybe you can get it working right.
It cost me $295, $312 after shipping.

Offered to mud @ $175 shipped.

Last edited:
what happened when you installed it? What do you think the issue is? Ever reach out to CityRacer?

what happened when you installed it? What do you think the issue is? Ever reach out to CityRacer?
It would bog when given throttle too quickly. Tried every combo of idle mixture and choke screw settings, verified fuel cut solenoid was working... It was barely driveable. Throttle would catch up to input about 1-2 seconds after

i never reached out to city racer, probably should, but I bought the carb in January, and finally got around to installing it a few months later, by then it would have been too late to return anyways...

If the carb has been mounted and run, it is no longer New In the Box ... It is now used in the box...

Just sayin'

:meh:

It would bog when given throttle too quickly. Tried every combo of idle mixture and choke screw settings, verified fuel cut solenoid was working... It was barely driveable. Throttle would catch up to input about 1-2 seconds after

i never reached out to city racer, probably should, but I bought the carb in January, and finally got around to installing it a few months later, by then it would have been too late to return anyways...
You missed an opportunity there. I visited with Roger earlier this year, and we exchaged emails before that about carburetors. Like Marshall, Roger found out that he had to learn more about engine theory than he planned on in order to provide customer support on the product. Something you won't get from Amazon or Rock Auto.

I end up coaching one out of five customers that I rebuild a carb for on getting it dialed in. Same thing, but with more depth.

GLWS

Free bump from the algorithm.😉

Can you talk more about the bog issue? The ONLY issue is that it bogged for 1-2 seconds when you punched the throttle? Is the price still $175 for a used aftermarket carb that doesn't work properly? Might generate some interest, at least from me, if the price were different.

Can you talk more about the bog issue? The ONLY issue is that it bogged for 1-2 seconds when you punched the throttle? Is the price still $175 for a used aftermarket carb that doesn't work properly? Might generate some interest, at least from me, if the price were different.
hey shoot me an offer on what it's worth to you.
Yes when I installed and tuned via traditional toyota method, nothing I seemed to do would get rid of the issue I was having. seemed like the accelerator pump may not have been doing its thing... not sure. If you punched the pedal it would want to die and pick back up after a second or two. only driveable if you barely eased into the throttle. once it revved up it seemed to be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom