For Sale CityRacer 2F Carb, in Box, used 10 miles, Suspected Faulty (1 Viewer)

Bought this CityRacer Carb new, installed, could not get it to work right. Went back to the Aisin and no issues. I think the manufacturer is Mount Fuji.

It's got maybe 10 miles on it, very clean still in box. If you're a carb guru maybe you can get it working right.
It cost me $295, $312 after shipping.

Offered to mud @ $210 shipped.

what happened when you installed it? What do you think the issue is? Ever reach out to CityRacer?

what happened when you installed it? What do you think the issue is? Ever reach out to CityRacer?
It would bog when given throttle too quickly. Tried every combo of idle mixture and choke screw settings, verified fuel cut solenoid was working... It was barely driveable. Throttle would catch up to input about 1-2 seconds after

i never reached out to city racer, probably should, but I bought the carb in January, and finally got around to installing it a few months later, by then it would have been too late to return anyways...

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
If the carb has been mounted and run, it is no longer New In the Box ... It is now used in the box...

Just sayin'

:meh:

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
It would bog when given throttle too quickly. Tried every combo of idle mixture and choke screw settings, verified fuel cut solenoid was working... It was barely driveable. Throttle would catch up to input about 1-2 seconds after

i never reached out to city racer, probably should, but I bought the carb in January, and finally got around to installing it a few months later, by then it would have been too late to return anyways...
You missed an opportunity there. I visited with Roger earlier this year, and we exchaged emails before that about carburetors. Like Marshall, Roger found out that he had to learn more about engine theory than he planned on in order to provide customer support on the product. Something you won't get from Amazon or Rock Auto.

I end up coaching one out of five customers that I rebuild a carb for on getting it dialed in. Same thing, but with more depth.

GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom