City Racer Dizzy or Jim C recurve? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@NeverGiveUpYota I was actively reading that thread after finding you tell someone else to do that when I got the notification you posted on my thread, crazy. I think that's the route I'm gonna go, will still call City Racer when they're open tomorrow and see what they think.
As I see it, what’s $17 and a little self trial and error before dropping a few hundred for a more professional tuning?

Agreed. I have a spare 60, if I kill this dizzy somehow, I do have a spare right there. . I think Ima try both and see what I like more, I have 30 days to return the CR one if it doesn't work out or if I like my custom recurve more.

Agreed. I have a spare 60, if I kill this dizzy somehow, I do have a spare right there. . I think Ima try both and see what I like more, I have 30 days to return the CR one if it doesn't work out or if I like my custom recurve more.
You won’t kill it. I have a spare too. How’s the advancer pot? Do both ports hold vac?

according to my hazard freight vac pump, yes, pumped it two or three times then waited about 30 seconds on each, didn’t lose any vac

according to my hazard freight vac pump, yes, pumped it two or three times then waited about 30 seconds on each, didn’t lose any vac
Then add a bushing and new springs and call it done. Easy job.

City racer got back to me pretty fast- to go the points distributor, you have to add a ballast in between the ignition switch and the coil to drop it down to 6v, and recommended 90919-04027 for that. I have no desire to get into my wiring harness, I'm returning it and picking up a recurve kit. Wish me luck!

fast edit: Mr Cr emailed my midnight email back within ten minutes to say he'd cancel the order, and added that you just attach it from the igniter, no getting into the harness. If ya come prepared and pick up the ballast and a new dist clamp, this should be a simple swap, in case anyone in the future is reading this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom