circumnavigate in a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.barryhause.com
Here is the web site I mentioned this evening. a German couple accomplished this:

http://www.weltrekordreise.ch/a_starte.html

The journey has been registered in the Guinness Book of World Records since 1997 as:
The longest driven journey
The most kilometres/miles
The most countries in a single car
Visit their entry in the www.guinnessworldrecords.com website!

Information about the car
Toyota Landcruiser FJ60, petrol, Model 1982 (LGKW); bought new in May 1982; driven until departure on 16.10.1984: 11'390 km; km today nearly 600'000 km; 6 Cylinders, 4'228 ccm, 120 HP; total weight ca. 4'200 kg (max. weight 4'650 kg!); Price 1982 CHF 32'350.-incl. AC and 100% rear differential lock; Chassis No. JT1WOFJ6000950163, Engine No. 2F607403, Model LG-KW
Still the same engine

Last edited:
Cool site, Barry. I am glued to it. Thanks for the link.

Don't know how I'd missed it.

I ran across the link in the 60 forum thread called "Is this the right off road truck?" I'm feeling very proud of my'82 60 these days.

This is the kind of touring I'm interested in getting into. Not at a global level, but here in the US, cross country stuff, maybe in the West for multiple days.

Any idea where can I get a decent set of used "31 inch mud tires? I'd like to be able to put them on as needed and keep using my street tires for normal use.

bh

Land Cruiser calendar

Hey! This couple's blue FJ60 is the featured cruiser for August in my land cruiser wall calendar. Does anyone have this 2005 cruiser calendar beside me? I got mine at www.getlostproductions.com. Was a little pricey at $22 but the photography is really good. Each month features a different cruiser out on the trail and lists some of the mods they have. There are 40's, 45, 55, 60's, 80 models. Size is 11"x15". Best land cruiser calendar I have found!

Ken
Dixie60

Yes, it is the actual cruiser they toured in, roof rack with lots of jerry cans, window protectors, Aussie mirrors, etc. Shot says it was taken in Venezuela. Has them coming up a dirt track with appears to be the Caribbean Sea behind them.

Ken
Dixie60

Dixie60 said:
Yes, it is the actual cruiser they toured in, roof rack with lots of jerry cans, window protectors, Aussie mirrors, etc. Shot says it was taken in Venezuela. Has them coming up a dirt track with appears to be the Caribbean Sea behind them.

Ken
Dixie60

very cool. I may have to find such calender. I want to take a trip like that.

bh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom