circulating heater 1kz-te (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang,

My lower rad hose heater has given up the ghost. From my research it seems that a lower rad hose heater is inefficient for the 1kz-te motors anyway because of the lower rad hose having the t-stat on it. I am looking at a circulating heater. I have been looking at a zerostart. Am I correct in thinking that I would plumb it inline with the return line from the firewall/heater core on the intake side of the motor? For the small inlet sizes it obviously doesn't go on the lower or upper rad hoses. The only other place would be on the turbo side of the motor. Any help is greatly appreciated. Regularly gets down to minus 30 here and I live in the mountains.

Cheers!

Normally a 5/8 hose adapter is included. Best to pull the front tire and skirting so you can remove the block drain and replace it with the 5/8" hose adapter. A long extension and deep socket make this child's play

you want the lowest spot possible for intake and hence the block drain. Use the Y fitting to tie into your heater hose up higher than the intake to allow convection.

Normally a 5/8 hose adapter is included. Best to pull the front tire and skirting so you can remove the block drain and replace it with the 5/8" hose adapter. A long extension and deep socket make this child's play

you want the lowest spot possible for intake and hence the block drain. Use the Y fitting to tie into your heater hose up higher than the intake to allow convection.

Where is the block drain located on a 1kz-te? Is it the spigot right by the oil filter and starter motor? And then I tie it into the heater core return? Do I need a y adapter or does it flow through the circulating pump all the time?

Thanks kindly for your response.

Marc

Yup
Looks like a spigot and sometimes not depending on engine.
You need the Y to connect the outlet of circ. heater to your heater core hose.

If you're lucky your will have a nice bit of house to tie into, again high enough up to support convection.

My old Hdt diesel was a simple 10 min job as everything was hose.
My 97 FZE needed the phh delete so I adapted the plumbing to suit my needs using hose as on the old diesel rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom