Builds Cincinnati LX Build and Adventure Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you SO much for the quarter window switch mod idea! It’s always bugged me and I never knew why until I saw what you pointed out.

Just took care of it on mine, and yes that connector was a PITA! Eventually with magnification goggles on I removed the white lock completely and pushed down from where the lock was to get the pins to slide out. And I even have the Wit’s End Terminal tool and I couldn’t get them to release “normally!”

Mucho Better!

4BDC274D-1A0B-4CE9-8D0F-EAC68DDA49D0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GTV
Speaking of a few bucks, the spare tire lift mod posted in the FAQ is a no-brainer that I put off for too long. Finally got around to it the other day and gained about 1.5" of extra clearance back there. Should keep that fresh BFG rubber from butt-dragging on rocks so much. The hitch is now the lowest point back there. A few people have asked me why I don't remove the hitch...honestly, not only do I want to keep my towing ability, but it's a really solid factory piece that pretty much acts like a slider for the rear bumper and exhaust outlet. I've smashed that thing pretty hard in a few places and imagine it's literally saved my ass...

View attachment 2614340

View attachment 2614341

View attachment 2614349

View attachment 2614352

This has been on my list for a while too. How do you like the 1 1/2"? In hindsight would you go less/more? Any trouble lowering the spare?

I threw a few coats of Plastidip on my badges and grille last night. The color is "Brass Monkey" and while it's more brown than I thought, I think I like it. The truck is Riverrock Green, which is of course way more gray than green. My wife, who has far better taste than I do, says it looks good. Can't decide how to leave the grille...full plastidip, or uncover the chrome surround, Lexus emblem, or both. Opinions please!

Plan to do the wheels at some point as well. Currently spraying the black front bumper inserts next to the fog lights as well as the antenna base. Just experimenting to see what it all looks like as this is my first time using Plastidip. Seems to work really well though. I did use one coat of "glossifier" on everything so far for a more satin rather than matte finish.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5379.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_537a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_537d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_537c.jpg
This looks great, did you use the plastidip aerosol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom