cilynder head bolts length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just joined this list. I am assembling the head back and had a doubt planted by haynes manual regarding the head bolts.They claim longer head bolts go to the exhaust side of the head. I did not bother to check carefully and on appearance they looked the same size to me. The FSM manual does not mention anything about this issue. Needless to say that the pictures in Haynes have the incorrect position for starting to torque the bolts if you are doing the HG make sure you have the FSM for the job. I am almost done. If anyone has found that the bolts differ in size please let me know. I do not want to do the job again.

My truck is a 93 but I switched engine/tranny and harness out of a 94.

Thanks in advance.

I am sure this is a bogus issue after consulting Mitchell on Demand and not finding anything about the bolts being different for intake and exhaust. In the past I have found various inaccuracies in the Haynes manuals. The pictures are helpful, but it is better to always rely on the FSM.

My LC is a 92 had the 4L and I swapped the hardware of the 4.5L out of a 94 rollover. I still have some stuff out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom