Cigerette fuse what does share with? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A little history to my question the other day I started up my 62 and was idling it in the driveway when it just died on the spot I made several attempts to start it but no luck.
Today I started to trouble shoot first I checked for fuel in the view window of the carb it was good I cleaned my distributor cap and sanded the contacts but still no start.
I decided it probably had to do with some wiring that was added by the PO and was dangling close to the clutch pedal that would get pulled frequently by my feet so I yanked it all out , the final part of the wiring was a fuse pack that had both wires poked into the cig fuse spot with the fuse being in the pack I removed this setup and took the fuse out of the pack and plugged it directly into the fuse panel and when I turned the key she fired right up.

Question is the cig fuse shared with something that affects the start up of a 62.

Don't think so. The cigarette lighter fuse provides protection for the lighter, the radio, the clock--things like that.

You may have had a short or open wire that "fixed" itself when you were yanking stuff.

When you say it didn't start--what was happening? was the starter motor engaging but the ignition not catching, or did you get nothing when you tried to start it?

Starter cranked no problem but seemed like it was not to be getting juice to the spark plugs all electricals worked like flashers radio lights gauges.
I am pretty sure my fuse box has a seperate fuse for the radio I will take a second look tomorrow and while I am at it I will pull the cig fuse out and see if it starts or not... if it does without the fuse then I quess I have an electrical gremlin which may drive me crazy if it acts up again or leaves me stranded some where hopefully not at a traffic light during rush hour.

if its like the bj60, power comes from assesory wire in ignition, to fuse, then to radio and cig lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom