Cigars... The Good, the Bad and the nasty! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't think we have a thread on this if so please delete.
Me being of no knowledge what so ever on cigars purchased one tonight with the help from my foreign beer and tobacco guy. Nice guy always comes through with good beer selections. Provided me with this jewel:

image-3530555781.jpg

I know we have some in the club that are experts( Nolan,Chris).
And thanks CT for letting me bum one at the crawfish boil.

image-1187250432.jpg

image-3530555781.jpg

Truthfully.......cigars to me are like cigarettes to a smoker. Smokers don't swap from Camels to Marlboro's from day to day. They find a brand and they smoke it.

Mine brand is Baccarat Luchadores.

Baccarat Luchadores Cigars - Natural Box of 25

While I appreciate the offer of other cigars, I rarely accept unless I don't have one.

I like the way my cigars light, smoke and taste. I also like how long it takes to smoke them.

That said, before I got hooked on this brand, I would go to the smoke shop and buy a sample.

Some like a bigger smoke. Some like a smaller. If you find yourself running out before you want to, go wider and longer.

If the one you try is weak, get a darker wrap. They tend to be a stronger tobacco flavor.

Once you find the relative length and girth that suits your style, and the strength or color of the smoke. Then start buying multiple labels in that area.

Chateau Fuente's was my smoke of choice for years.

Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Cigars - Natural Box of 20

I went through a Partagas #2 stage for a while as well

Partagas #2 Cigars - Natural Box of 25

As I said before, I find a size and taste I like, but a box. Put them in my humidor and smoke them.

I don't get a kick out of having a different smoke every time I go outside to try to get lit right or have to draw too hard on. All of these things take away the pleasure of the smoke to me.

While I am certainly not a cigar aficionado, I like a good stick.

My two favorites right now are the La Flor Dominicana Ligero

Pedomo Reserve Champagne.

Olivia Connecticut Reserve is nice also.

Good thread topic Todd!

image-2570714386.jpg

Smoked quite a few Macunudos while living in New Orleans, haven't smoked anything since being there. Don't think my lungs can handle it!

I used to smoke alot of Conch Republic Cigars. They were rolled by little cuban women, grown from cuban seeds. Cuban cigars are not the best by a long shot, but are illegal to have in the US, so we were badasses. I've since gone to marlbrother lights. They're cheaper.

When I used to smoke I loved anything from drew hill estates- flavored cigars.
Know folks remember smoking clove cigarettes back in the day....
From drew hill loved the Kuba Kuba-
One thing with these though; being flavored had to have another humidor.

s

Macanudo Maduro is a good cigar...I enjoy them, and it used to be my go-to smoke.

Ashton VSG has been my standby for a couple years now. Robusto for size.

Bump brother Ferg's thread...
I visited Alabama's oldest cigar shop and bought several to try...
$3 to $10 a stick.

Here's one of the first
P_20150605_192457.jpg

P_20150605_192457.jpg

I want to try these. I hear they go great with a caprice...

BM_Reg_large.JPG

I had a Perdomo Sungrown Small Batch tonight.

Good stick

upload_2015-6-5_22-54-6.png

I used to smoke alot of Conch Republic Cigars. They were rolled by little cuban women, grown from cuban seeds. Cuban cigars are not the best by a long shot, but are illegal to have in the US, so we were badasses. I've since gone to marlbrother lights. They're cheaper.

Andy Garcia says:

"Fxxx yeah"

10239557_ori.jpg

Still smoking my cheapos. $75 a box shipped.

Patrick gave me a real cigar Friday for not-really helping him move Cruisers around. I immediately got a buzz and had to smoke it in 2 sessions. Like drinking a Dunkle versus my Mic Ultra

I found my dad's old ashtray when I was cleaning out. He has not smoked in 40 years.

Sunday pre-church stogie with a Monster and a good book

image.jpg

Yeah, I bought a mixed bag for a card game the other night and that was the last man standing. The guy at the shop recommended it, but it looked too dark/strong/big for my tastes. I don't smoke enough to have a "go to" and generally view cigars like craft beer (I'll try most any of them and risk wasting a few bucks to maybe stumble on something new and good). That said, I do like the montecristo white series and I also like the Oliva Connecticut reserve. This pairing was enjoyable this weekend:
image.jpg

Last edited:
A. Fuente Añejo 2011 or 12 vintage
20150607_192735.jpg

I'm like @pmccraney my humidor is a mixed bag. My go-to's are usually a Fuente of some flavor but lately I have enjoyed the Tarazona Classic, but they can be hard to come by. When I got an extra buck I will spring for a Opus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom