Cigarette Lighter probs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the continuity between the center cig lighter center terminal and it's body. They should be separate. No continuity

Check the continuity between the center cig lighter center terminal and it's body. They should be separate. No continuity
Whoa, set on continuity, red lead smack in the center of the socket, the black one on the inside of the body, and the readings were all over the place- 100, 300, 450, up and down...

What's the part number on that socket? I've been wanting to replace my rusty old one but can't seem to figure out what'll give me a bolt-in replacement.

I often would drive with the window down & foam earplugs in on long trips.

This little plastic container (case) that comes with the Hearos earplugs fits perfectly in the cig lighter socket. Nice snug fit. Never lose my earplugs.

image.jpeg

Check if the Blue Sea cigarette lighter will mount to the side of the crap pocket. I mounted a couple of USB chargers in there.

Read through this old thread. I've got a bit of a different problem. My cigarette lighter works to power phones and other accessories plugged into it... however, the cigarette lighter itself won't heat up. Should I assume that the actual cigarette lighter is bad and the socket is fine? (i tried to replace it with a cheapy one from Autozone and that didn't work).

^... I realized this discussion is about 60-series... mine is a 40-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom