Churn Creek, May long weekend - May 21-23, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Count us in! We should be able to head out Friday and take Monday off too I think.

I am definitely interested. I already have a trip planned the weekend before, so it'll depend on if I'm allowed out to play :)

Is this a family friendly event?
Definitely family friendly. Options to stay at camp or head out and explore.

I’m interested.
There is a camp site north of Churn Creek as the traditional camp site is gated.
FCDFF056-3BB2-49CA-AABC-66DCAE128ED1.jpeg

Be careful at the north campsite, it harbors deer ticks.
One person I camped with there got 2 ticks in her hair.
I'm not sure if she tested positive for Lyme's disease.
Actually Gary got one up above one the Canoe Creek
road overlooking the canyon while taking a photo
in the sagebrush.

Ya'll have fun now ya hear. If plans stay as...well, planned...wont be able to attend this one.

gb

Friday to Monday sounds good!

Who is going?
Where we meeting?
When we meeting?

For those coming Saturday they need to know where we are.

I am coming from Kelowna (probably Friday) and may do the extended gravel travel Pavillion-Kelly Lake-Jesmond - Canoe route. If anyone wants to do that - let me know and we can meet somewhere south (e.g. Cache Creek) on Friday.

We will work out the details in this Thursdays meeting. Knowing when people are planning on leaving is a big help.

Camp location is a little up in the air both our normal spots are no longer accessible. Night one might be at the corral unless a better spot an be found.

Out of the loop here ..
Why isn’t the camp north of the Churn Creek confluence available?

Out of the loop here ..
Why isn’t the camp north of the Churn Creek confluence available?
Both sites you showed in you picture have been closed for whatever reasons… from the link at the top of the thread BC Parks - https://bcparks.ca/explore/parkpgs/churn_crk/

Vehicle Accessible Camping​

This protected area offers vehicle accessible, designated campsites on a first-come, first-served basis; campsite reservations are not accepted. The park and camping areas are open year-round. The best location for camping is the calving barn area on Empire Valley Road. The only development (other than corrals and the barn) is a pit toilet – there are no defined campsites, picnic tables or fire rings at this site.
There are 4 designated camping sites along the first 4km of the Black Dome Road and 6 designated camping sites near the top of the Iron Gate Road. These are rustic sites without pit toilets, picnic tables, or fire grates. The Iron Gate Road is not a serviced road and can be impacted by weather events year-round. Four wheel drive vehicles are recommended for travel on this road.
Do not camp near the Empire Valley Ranch Headquarters area; this is a busy, working ranch. Do not drive or camp on any grassland areas with in Churn Creek Protected Area. The closest store is in Dog Creek, which is approximately a 45 minute drive away.

We will post up more details after tonight’s meeting

Sorry, thought I sent this Thursday night.

As of now I know we have a few groups heading out.

Group 1 - Leaving Friday LML Friday morning. Meeting up with Glenn around Cache Creek taking the extended way in.
Glenn
Pete
Mike
Carman

Group 2 - Leaving Friday early afternoon
Andrew
Ray
Drew (possibly leaving at 5pm)

Saturday- Jeff from 100 Mile?

The first group in will scout for a suitable location to setup camp and leave information at either the Information booth or the corral (Both on the main road) with the location of the final camp. As always those with Ham Radios we will be monitoring 146.460Mhz

We still have a number of people that have not let us know when they are thinking of heading out and in an effort to make sure everyone is accounted send me a text message 604-507-1972 and I’ll get a group setup so we can check-in and coordinate meeting up along the way.

Looking forward to sitting around the fire with everyone.

Drew

Garry & Nicole are leaving at roughly 2:30pm Friday. I've let them know to check this post.

Also, after discussion with Patti, we're going to need a lot of stops due to the dogs, so we're going to attempt to leave a bit early to get a head start. My guess is we'll likely end up meeting up with you all in Cache Creek, but we'll text the group to keep everyone updated starting Fri morning.

Question about the extended route ... there are a few options, what specifically do you mean by the route after Jesmond? Jesmond Rd to Poison Lk Rd is kind of the direct route, but there are a couple more offshoot routes, I'm not sure what is meant by "- Canoe route"?

Garry & Nicole are leaving at roughly 2:30pm Friday. I've let them know to check this post.

Also, after discussion with Patti, we're going to need a lot of stops due to the dogs, so we're going to attempt to leave a bit early to get a head start. My guess is we'll likely end up meeting up with you all in Cache Creek, but we'll text the group to keep everyone updated starting Fri morning.

Question about the extended route ... there are a few options, what specifically do you mean by the route after Jesmond? Jesmond Rd to Poison Lk Rd is kind of the direct route, but there are a couple more offshoot routes, I'm not sure what is meant by "- Canoe route"?
Hey Pete we will meet up with you and patti at a place and time you choose. Just let us know. Mike. 😎

I will also be bringing a friend along who has his own truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom