Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pat, I need to do this exact thing as well. I installed my locked axles but haven't installed the cables and linkages. Is yours from a left hand drive truck or right? I have both.

Also can you post the pictures you have of how they mount?
Yep. I got my pictures for my install from @Samppahj . Here is his thread Builds - HJ60 Snow white

He took pictures of his install (left drive) so I could follow them for mine. Should work great.

I do have a bunch of pics of Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 's RHD HJ61 from when I was at his place in TX and I crawled under there. Let me know if you need those. They are a lot different on the bottom side of the truck but the handle assembl looks to be pretty much mirror image.

I love how fast Partsouq stuff gets here.

A few more goodies- quarter badges and 70 series mirrors for Chunk.

Also 3 more sets of the H4 upgraded headlight assemblies. Should have enough for all the round headlight trucks now.
20200218_124955.jpg

I love how fast Partsouq stuff gets here.

A few more goodies- quarter badges and 70 series mirrors for Chunk.

Also 3 more sets of the H4 upgraded headlight assemblies. Should have enough for all the round headlight trucks now.
View attachment 2214654
Hey Pat are those black manual mirrors? care to share the part numbers? Are they same dimension wise as the 62 mirrors?

Hey Pat are those black manual mirrors? care to share the part numbers? Are they same dimension wise as the 62 mirrors?
The mirror bases are not quite the same as the 62, the angle where it meets the door is sharper. I have seen them on a 6X before and they still look good. That said, I may try to mod them a little to make them fit tighter.

Here are the part numbers-

8791060142 (RH)
8794060372 (LH)

I like the look of them so I thought I would go for it. I have a set of 62 mirrors, a set of the 60 Euro mirrors, and now these so I have to choose but I think I like the 70 series mirrors the best.

The mirror bases are not quite the same as the 62, the angle where it meets the door is sharper. I have seen them on a 6X before and they still look good. That said, I may try to mod them a little to make them fit tighter.

8791060142 (RH)
8794060372 (LH)

I like the look of them so I thought I would go for it. I have a set of 62 mirrors, a set of the 60 Euro mirrors, and now these so I have to choose but I think I like the 70 series mirrors the best.

what about 70 mirrors on 62 bases, is that a feasible swap?

what about 70 mirrors on 62 bases, is that a feasible swap?
They bolt right up, there is a tiny gap between the gasket and the mirror right on the door crease. I am going to mod mine in hopes of eliminating it but really it is no big deal.

I'll stick one on Chunk when I get home and take a picture so you can see how it looks.

So there is a bit of a gap with the mirror unmodified on there. It looks ok but I am going to mod up the mirror and make it more betterer. The gasket looks like it will conform in its present state.

It might be a few days before I can get to it though. Headed to North Carolina in the morning to help a buddy pick up an 88 Yota pickup.

Here's what I have thus far

20200218_175455.jpg
20200218_175508.jpg
20200218_175514.jpg
20200218_175448.jpg

20200218_175443.jpg

The gasket pushed on tighter fits right up
20200218_175845.jpg

8791060142 (RH)
8794060372 (LH)

Been using 70 series mirrors on both 60s for about 15-20 years. No way I could go back to the stock FJ60 mirrors.

Been using 70 series mirrors on both 60s for about 15-20 years. No way I could go back to the stock FJ60 mirrors.
Those stock mirrors are tiny! I like the nice big glass on the 70 mirror but it is a bit less bulky than the 62 mirror

@Godwin, you put so many real use miles on your 60 series trucks you would definitely know how they work. I've seen your red 60 when we were at the Swine Soiree but would you mind posting a picture of it here so it is easy reference? Thanks

@Godwin, you put so many real use miles on your 60 series trucks you would definitely know how they work. I've seen your red 60 when we were at the Swine Soiree but would you mind posting a picture of it here so it is easy reference? Thanks

If it's not raining tomorrow I'll get some fresh photos and do that.

Sorry to digress this thread but wondered if @dogfishlake @HemiAlex or others could help with the following:

My HJ47 needs something done about the headlights fairly promptly - do you have any idea if there is an equivalent to 81110-60P70 for RHD vehicles?

I need to order those lights up. I need upgraded badly.
They definitely are a bargain. For all of the Land Cruiser series' strengths it seems like you can always count on crappy seat belt retractors, poor gas mileage, and dim headlights!

Sorry to digress this thread but wondered if @dogfishlake @HemiAlex or others could help with the following:

My HJ47 needs something done about the headlights fairly promptly - do you have any idea if there is an equivalent to 81110-60P70 for RHD vehicles?
I would think these lights would work fine in your truck. The harness is super long and just plugs into one of the existing bulb sockets to trigger the relays for high and low beams. I think the bulbs cast straight ahead. If not these then maybe the LED lights from City Racer would work. I have those on my 40 and they are very bright.

Thanks @dogfishlake - I reckon I'll order a kit and see what happens, haven't got much to lose I don't think

They definitely are a bargain. For all of the Land Cruiser series' strengths it seems like you can always count on crappy seat belt retractors, poor gas mileage, and dim headlights!

Lol that’s pretty true. My mileage is still bad by todays standards, but my average since rebuild is 19.2mpg and that’s mostly winter so in land cruiser world, it’s awesome.
i Bet you will see similar with the 12HT.

I also like those 70 series mirrors. I have smaller ones for the 70 series And they are ok, but I would rather have the bigger ones.

looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom