Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It DOES NOT usually seem to go that smoothly....VERY NICE!
Purring in moments :)
I agree. In this case though the engine came from a friend and I got to test drive the 60 it used to be in.

I have tons of other unknowns for Mr Murphy to rear his ugly head at!

Moving forward.

80 series box mostly in. I painted it up after switching the pitman arms.
20190622_212534.jpg

Next was booster and MC.
Same deal, try to spruce it up a bit
20190622_212609.jpg

Ohhh that's purty...So that's what a steering box looks like without an eighth inch of PS fluid grime on it.
It was a bit rough when I got it. The 1997 80 series it came from was rolled at least 10 years ago in the winter (salt roads) time and has sat in my buddy's yard since then. Nice layer of salt, then sitting with grass around it all this time.
For $75 removed and hand delivered I am not complaining. A sand blast job and fresh paint and I think it's ready.
20190612_204321.jpg

So awesome Pat. Nothin like hearing it fire up. The 2H/12HTs have an amazing reputation to fire right back up regardless of how long they sat, if they were running before they sat idle. @joekatana has so many stories. I have witnessed a couple. Major milestone for you man. 🤛

What’s your take on the wiring for the brake fluid sensor? Does the white connector just hang in the air? Or is there a better way to do it? I’ve been thinking of using a zip tie to fasten mine to one of the hard lines.
I'm not sure, some way of tying it up make sense. Maybe a removable zip tie. I have a mountain of those from powder coating boxes.

So awesome Pat. Nothin like hearing it fire up. The 2H/12HTs have an amazing reputation to fire right back up regardless of how long they sat, if they were running before they sat idle. @joekatana has so many stories. I have witnessed a couple. Major milestone for you man. 🤛
Thanks buddy. I was hoping it would bark right back to life.

Time management.

After looking at my cowl drain ends and tubes a thousand times and thinking "I need to put those away properly ", I can't find them. I need to get the fenders on and these are the holdup.
Quicker solution is to saw an access to the ones on my rustbucket parts 62.
Voila!
20190624_202750.jpg
20190624_203614.jpg

I can’t imagine how else you’d get those off.
I think that's how the factory does it.:p

Considering how rusty the fenders are it was a quick way to get them. Less than 20 minutes.

I got a little more done today. I powder coated the hood hinges, the drains, and the fuel filler neck. I forgot to coat the drains before I changed out the black so they got silver. Looks kinda cool with the black coated screws on the white. Won't matter since it gets covered up but oh well. I used 3M heavy drip check sealer under them.
Buddy approves
20190625_203445.jpg

20190625_205856.jpg

20190625_205438.jpg

20190625_205914.jpg

Last edited:
I also coated a (broken) door handle to see how I liked the black. At first I didn't, but after looking at the picture with the stripes I think it will be cool.
20190625_205538.jpg
20190625_203852.jpg

I almost forgot, I got my care package of Mr T goodies from the other side of the pond.
Little bits, fuel filters, gas filler hose, pedal pads, clamps, and a couple more 12h-t engine gasket kits. Getting a bit addicted to that motor in my future. I'm a little worried of them going NLA so I figure it can't hurt to have the kits around.
20190625_214705.jpg

Looking great Pat! Like the black accents. Who did you order the gasket kits from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom