chrome split rims on MY 45-yes or no (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I picked up a smokin deal on a full set of 255x85x16 BFG MTs about a month ago and I'm itchin to see what they look like on the 45.

Problem is, I have enough 235s to keep me going for another 4 years, maybe longer! So I thought about buying a fresh set of white wagon wheels for my 235s and painting my old ones grey and putting the 255s on.

Then I remembered I have a set of chrome split rims I bought off a MUDer a couple of years ago for my 60. I never got around to THAT project, and the rims have been collecting dust in my backyard. I've offered them for sale a couple of times, but now I'm thinking maybe I should just run them on the 45.

I mounted one with the 245x75 that came with it and shot a pic for reference. Personally I think it's a little too much bling for a working rig. [newest examples of working rig here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/3196382-post18.html]

Maybe I should keep them AND paint them grey?

Opinions wanted.
split rim-25.jpg

no..and no.

I have a set of split rims exactly like the ones on mine if you want to do some horse trading for the parts I need.. :)

When are you coming this way again?

chrome...no.

that style...no.

split rims, oem sure.

I will be putting the exact same ones on mybj42. I have the 16inch rims with 34x9.50ltb's,and I really like them. But if I had my choice I would much prefer the stock tab rims and hubcaps. Actually I just bought a rust bucket with the tab rims but I dont know if they will fit on any of my Au rigs,as the brake rotors are I believe larger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom