Events/Trails Christmas tree run Nov. 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Anybody else want to head to the mountains the day after Thanksgiving to cut a Christmas tree?

Permits for sale starting November 10.

I will try my best to be there.
Have Chain Saw, Will Travel.

Right on! I am thinking Jemez again. I know a lot of you know that area well.

Last year we had mechanical problems on the way to meet up and ended up not making the Christmas tree run. Wound up going up around Pecos the next day. It was great, and wanted to head that way again this year, but I think the fires set by the federal government last spring destroyed a lot of the area.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this out there. Im probably game if my junk survives the next two weekends

You can always just hug a tree! We won't tell.
I prefer to stick my nose into the sexual organs of another species (flowers). :rofl:

I'm also interested, but won't be getting a tree.

I'd like to go and will see about bringing my spawn. So, are we heading to the Pecos or the Jemez?

I'd like to go and will see about bringing my spawn. So, are we heading to the Pecos or the Jemez?

I am thinking Jemez. Not sure what is left up toward Pecos.

If you don't show up Larry, I'm gonna hunt you down for espresso. Just say'n.

Just over a week away.

Where does everyone want to meet? Walatowa Visitor Center, or Amanda's?

Either place is good for me. Will have to pass through both places to get to good FR's for tree hunting. What time to meet?

It depends on how many people will need permits. I don't, so Amanda's works for me.

Tree permits are available at Walatowa Visitors Center, $12.50, open 9-4 daily. I don't need a tree, but bringing chain saw to help with cutting if needed. May cut some firewood if the opportunity arises. Mostly going along for a late season mountain drive.

I think it is easier to buy the permits online. My vote is Amanda's at 09:00.

How long will this take if the meetup is at 9? Wondering if I can do this before work at 1400?

I will be at Amanda's at 9 am. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom