Events/Trails Christmas tree run Friday Nov. 27 Jemez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn, I'd really like to make this but I have to work at noon. Sounds like a blast even though my wife insisted on a fake tree last year......

Damn, I'd really like to make this but I have to work at noon. Sounds like a blast even though my wife insisted on a fake tree last year......

COUGH, COUGH....i think you might be coming down with something..... ;)

COUGH, COUGH....i think you might be coming down with something..... ;)

I already took Thursday off to have dinner with the family, they'd come drag me to work lol.

I don't know if Walatowa is a good place to meet. Since it's a joint tribal museum on the reservation, it's probably all locked down. I drove through the Jemez about a month ago and nearly all the entrances to any roads on the reservation were blocked, the flea market area across the street from Walatowa was blocked off and I don't recall seeing any cars in the parking lot for Walatowa. So not sure if you can count on getting a permit there.

I don't know if Walatowa is a good place to meet. Since it's a joint tribal museum on the reservation, it's probably all locked down. I drove through the Jemez about a month ago and nearly all the entrances to any roads on the reservation were blocked, the flea market area across the street from Walatowa was blocked off and I don't recall seeing any cars in the parking lot for Walatowa. So not sure if you can count on getting a permit there.

I tried calling quite a few times and no answer.
Probably best to buy permits online.

@jgonzales55 said Amanda's a little farther north. How about 9:30?

Ok. How about meeting at Amanda's in La Cueva? Not Walatowa. 09:30?

Permits can be bought online.

Weather guessers are saying there is a chance of snow so tire chains are a good idea. I will have my big chainsaw just in case there are falling trees again.

I tried calling quite a few times and no answer.
Probably best to buy permits online.

@jgonzales55 said Amanda's a little farther north. How about 9:30?
9:30 works for us!
Ok. How about meeting at Amanda's in La Cueva? Not Walatowa. 09:30?

Permits can be bought online.

Weather guessers are saying there is a chance of snow so tire chains are a good idea. I will have my big chainsaw just in case there are falling trees again.
9:30 sounds good! Sorry for the late reply my phone is having trouble with the forum I guess.

I’m a maybe, gotta sort out my junk tomorrow

I'm a maybe too.

Let me see if I can motivate my girls to leave Tijeras by 7am :hmm:

Let me see if I can motivate my girls to leave Tijeras by 7am :hmm:

Just do like I do. Have everything ready before they get up. This includes having the truck loaded and warmed up, breakfast and coffee ready. That way all they have to do is get themselves ready and out the door.

Just do like I do. Have everything ready before they get up. This includes having the truck loaded and warmed up, breakfast and coffee ready. That way all they have to do is get themselves ready and out the door.

You have unlocked: Dad level 100

My crew found out there isn't likely to be any snow and the forecast for a small amount of snow says it doesn't show up until the afternoon so they are no longer interested.

We're heading out.

Carrier bearing failure! You guys have fun and watch those windfalls

You guys had to have snow? Youre no fun! Haha
Our exchange student is leaving in a few weeks. We have to pick our adventures carefully. She said she didn't want to go if there wasn't any snow. So instead we will be putting up our fake Christmas tree today and drinking egg nog (mine with rum) and listening to Christmas music with the fire blazing. But just for the record, my daughter was disappointed to not go.

So instead we will be putting up our fake Christmas tree today ...

Wait, what?! Fake tree, when you have a chance to spend the day in the forest getting a real tree.

Wait, what?! Fake tree, when you have a chance to spend the day in the forest getting a real tree.
But my fake tree already has the lights attached to it so that makes it easier for an old man like me to set up. (and makes my wife happy, which we all know is the most important thing)

I assume everyone made it back ok?
Curious to hear what the roads were like and how the trip went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom