Events/Trails Christmas tree run Friday Nov. 27 Jemez (1 Viewer)

I don't know if Walatowa is a good place to meet. Since it's a joint tribal museum on the reservation, it's probably all locked down. I drove through the Jemez about a month ago and nearly all the entrances to any roads on the reservation were blocked, the flea market area across the street from Walatowa was blocked off and I don't recall seeing any cars in the parking lot for Walatowa. So not sure if you can count on getting a permit there.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
I don't know if Walatowa is a good place to meet. Since it's a joint tribal museum on the reservation, it's probably all locked down. I drove through the Jemez about a month ago and nearly all the entrances to any roads on the reservation were blocked, the flea market area across the street from Walatowa was blocked off and I don't recall seeing any cars in the parking lot for Walatowa. So not sure if you can count on getting a permit there.

I tried calling quite a few times and no answer.
Probably best to buy permits online.

@jgonzales55 said Amanda's a little farther north. How about 9:30?

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Ok. How about meeting at Amanda's in La Cueva? Not Walatowa. 09:30?

Permits can be bought online.

Weather guessers are saying there is a chance of snow so tire chains are a good idea. I will have my big chainsaw just in case there are falling trees again.

jgonzales55

SILVER Star
I tried calling quite a few times and no answer.
Probably best to buy permits online.

@jgonzales55 said Amanda's a little farther north. How about 9:30?
9:30 works for us!
Ok. How about meeting at Amanda's in La Cueva? Not Walatowa. 09:30?

Permits can be bought online.

Weather guessers are saying there is a chance of snow so tire chains are a good idea. I will have my big chainsaw just in case there are falling trees again.
9:30 sounds good! Sorry for the late reply my phone is having trouble with the forum I guess.

My crew found out there isn't likely to be any snow and the forecast for a small amount of snow says it doesn't show up until the afternoon so they are no longer interested.

You guys had to have snow? Youre no fun! Haha
Our exchange student is leaving in a few weeks. We have to pick our adventures carefully. She said she didn't want to go if there wasn't any snow. So instead we will be putting up our fake Christmas tree today and drinking egg nog (mine with rum) and listening to Christmas music with the fire blazing. But just for the record, my daughter was disappointed to not go.

Wait, what?! Fake tree, when you have a chance to spend the day in the forest getting a real tree.
But my fake tree already has the lights attached to it so that makes it easier for an old man like me to set up. (and makes my wife happy, which we all know is the most important thing)

I assume everyone made it back ok?
Curious to hear what the roads were like and how the trip went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom