Events/Trails Christmas tree run Friday Nov. 27 Jemez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Wondering if anyone is interested in helping me put a Christmas tree run together. After the great adventure we had last year my kids are chomping at the bit to go again.

I don't really know where the best place is to go. Until last year we had always harvested a tree on our own property. If anybody has any ideas let me know.

IMG-20191129-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20191129-WA0003.jpg
MVIMG_20191129_112618.jpg

I have plans to go to Jemez this coming Wednesday with one or two other vehicles, I will see if they are cool with a couple others joining in.

I'm in! The North Jemez would be a good place to poke around.

When would you like to go? I would like to try for next weekend or the one after. Do you know the area?

I know a solid chunk of it. I do alot of dirt biking out there so I'm better with the singletrack but I know a few places to check for trees and get some good vista hangouts in. And either of those weekends would work! Do you guys have a preference?

I know a solid chunk of it. I do alot of dirt biking out there so I'm better with the singletrack but I know a few places to check for trees and get some good vista hangouts in. And either of those weekends would work! Do you guys have a preference?

Either weekend will work for us. I am as bad as the kids and would like to go as soon as possible.

Maybe more people will chime in today. I would like to get this planned pretty soon though.

I'm in! The North Jemez would be a good place to poke around.

You ARE alive!!!! Good to hear from the due up North.

Lolol you guys too! Next weekend then? I’ll find out about permits as I’m sure you know we’ll need those.

Great. The weekend after Thanksgiving then. Next question, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Last year we went the Friday after and there were very few people out. Any of those days are good for me.

Friday it is then. Meet at Walatowa Visitors Center at 9:00?

Alright, I think we have it locked down. Christmas tree run Friday November 27. Meet at Walatowa Visitor's Center at 0900. I will call later to see if they will be open to sell permits, or you can get a permit here:

This is the Santa Fe National Forest.

C'mon guys. Let's get out and drive around the mountains. Get a fresh Christmas tree. Last year we got our tree the day after Thanksgiving and had it up until the middle of January. It never dried out and dropped very few needles.

Right now it is looking like there might be a little snow Friday. Hope so.

C'mon guys. Let's get out and drive around the mountains. Get a fresh Christmas tree. Last year we got our tree the day after Thanksgiving and had it up until the middle of January. It never dried out and dropped very few needles.

Right now it is looking like there might be a little snow Friday. Hope so.
Hey Virgil,

Thanks for putting this together. I might be in. We were planning on doing a picnic in the Jemez on Friday, so grabbing a tree while we are up there may just work out. I'll let you know as we get closer.

Hey Virgil,

Thanks for putting this together. I might be in. We were planning on doing a picnic in the Jemez on Friday, so grabbing a tree while we are up there may just work out. I'll let you know as we get closer.

Awesome. Jack asked if you and Frank would be going.

Thanks Virgil for getting us moving on this. I'd like to get out and enjoy the forest but I don't need a tree.

Thanks Virgil for getting us moving on this. I'd like to get out and enjoy the forest but I don't need a tree.

Awesome! I hope you can make it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom