Christmas Tree Cutting/Pikes Peak Ranger District Support--General Info Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
This thread is for general information--in future, there will be separate threads (sign up) for specific calendar days. We'll coordinate details for each day on those threads.

I received an email from the Pikes Peak Ranger District--yes, they're doing Christmas Tree sales and cutting again this year! And they've invited Colorado Land Cruisers to support by conducting road patrols.

Activities will once again be in the NORTH DIVIDE and HWY 67 areas (same areas as last year). The PPRD is planning to conduct sales/cutting on FOUR weekend dates:
November 26-27
December 3-4
December 10-11
December 17-18

MORE TO FOLLOW

IMG_20201212_185423_362.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in Tracy. Also tell Zac he is doing it. Definitely the Dec 10-11

Reactions: SAS
We'll do Dec 3-4.
Same weekend @EricG is doing it. (because I've tried and failed to find the trails he and I did last year, and really want to)

Last edited:
Hello! I believe I'll join in on this for the weekend of December 10-11. I think Vic is going to join me that day as well! We want to compare some notes on the 100s =D

We'll do Dec 3-4.
Same weekend @EricG is doing it. (because I've tried and failed to find the trails he and I did last year, and really want to)

Heh ... I was just making stuff up! Maybe I'll remember when I look at the map again.

Probably not going to make it the first two weekends, but we'll see.

I am available the first and third weekend and maybe the fourth depending one the incentives Tracy is putting out. Also dependent on my breaking my hand the Friday before like this weekend. Will you all shame me if I am in an Expedition for the first one? There will also be three crazy teenagers and a wifie which is why I need the 37 seat Expedition.
The Saturday is the best for me but if Sundays need someone the crew and ai can do Sundays. Let me know.

I was really hoping to get out there for at least one weekend, but I'm working day shifts the first 3 weekends, and then evenings the 4th weekend. Work has really gotten in the way of things this year...

I am available the first and third weekend and maybe the fourth depending one the incentives Tracy is putting out. Also dependent on my breaking my hand the Friday before like this weekend. Will you all shame me if I am in an Expedition for the first one? There will also be three crazy teenagers and a wifie which is why I need the 37 seat Expedition.
The Saturday is the best for me but if Sundays need someone the crew and ai can do Sundays. Let me know.
True to form I will not be able to make the whole day this first weekend. This time I have two sick kids. We are still driving through for a tree only expect to be in the area a few hours. Will still provide one helping hand if there is anyone in distress.

Hello all - how has the christmas tree patrol gone so far this year? Many rescues? Much snow? Just curious what to expect this year since I've never done this before but am planning to come out this saturday and sunday.

It's been pretty mild weather, so no stucks to pull out. There was a 1" snow last weekend (overnight, Saturday 26 Nov). Few places are holding snow--mostly in the low elevation draws along the creeks where there is constant shade (355, 364, 363).
Day 1: 3 volunteers
Day 2: 1 volunteer
Day 3: 3 volunteers
Day 4: 6 volunteers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom