Christening Name Game (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yngmrostrvile

GOLD Star
Threads
I have been shopping for a new project for a few months and I came across this site and the impressive towing capabilities of the 100s.
My first vehicle was a 78 FJ40 that I bought in high school and restored. Unfortunately, in my naivete I sold it before leaving
I missed out on a rig close to home a couple weeks ago.
Was getting ready to pull the trigger this week on a 2002 lx in Fort Worth but the owner didnt want to budge on the price or work with me on inspecting it.
Then a 2000 lx fell in my lap. All the pieces fell into place. I found it at a dealership in Escondido.
Last night I packed my tools and submitted an order to the NAPA store on Convoy St in San Diego. I caught a flight from KCK to San Diego this morning, picked up all my goodies and headed to pick up my new toy.
Im going to spend the weekend getting her road worthy to take the trip to her new home.
I could us some help coming up with a name to christen her with before our voyage next week.

20201120_150800.jpg

I thought I was living dangerously, by taking our old 99 LX, that we'd owned ~6 months, and prepared for about 3 months, on a ~2400mi round trip to Colorado.

Glad you found one. Good luck on your trip. I hope that you find new wheels soon :)

I don't think that you can name it, until after you get to know him/her on your road trip.

I have been shopping for a new project for a few months and I came across this site and the impressive towing capabilities of the 100s.
My first vehicle was a 78 FJ40 that I bought in high school and restored. Unfortunately, in my naivete I sold it before leaving
I missed out on a rig close to home a couple weeks ago.
Was getting ready to pull the trigger this week on a 2002 lx in Fort Worth but the owner didnt want to budge on the price or work with me on inspecting it.
Then a 2000 lx fell in my lap. All the pieces fell into place. I found it at a dealership in Escondido.
Last night I packed my tools and submitted an order to the NAPA store on Convoy St in San Diego. I caught a flight from KCK to San Diego this morning, picked up all my goodies and headed to pick up my new toy.
Im going to spend the weekend getting her road worthy to take the trip to her new home.
I could us some help coming up with a name to christen her with before our voyage next week.

View attachment 2501729
towing is overrated
1605922609587.png

I thought I was living dangerously, by taking our old 99 LX, that we'd owned ~6 months, and prepared for about 3 months, on a ~2400mi round trip to Colorado.

Glad you found one. Good luck on your trip. I hope that you find new wheels soon :)
Ugh😭 I know! One of two disappointments with it but pretty minor since the amount of rubber will aid in a successful journey.
The other minor disappointment was lack of third row seats. One less thing to take up space in the rig or garage.

I'm not sure the 100s have impressive towing capabilities, but I would deem them capable. On flat roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom