Choosing paint color….would love to see some dark grey, gunmetal or charcoal rigs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp it’s time to choose a color and im having a heck of a time with it. I’m going to go with a dark color so the green door jams and all that stuff don’t look too off, that and I think it would look nice with the black aftermarket flares and bumpers.

My GX is nebula grey and while I like that color I’m not so sure if it would go very well on the 80. I’ve been keeping an eye out on other cars on the road if I like any of the colors and it’s just hard to picture them on the 80, most new cars have soft shapes which the 80 definitely doesn’t.

Searching google for charcoal only comes up with the charcoal canister and I’ve found lots of lighter grey pics but not dark and no gunmetal.

Anyone have any pictures they can share of their 80 with a grayish, charcoal or gun metal type of paint job on it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Look at the 2021 Nissan Murano in Gun Metallic. I am painting my wheels that color. A lot of depth for "gun metal", has metallic blue and metallic brown components.

Check these out:

Post 179 on this guy: New paint color to be chosen by the 80 Series Tech crowd. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-paint-color-to-be-chosen-by-the-80-series-tech-crowd.526776/page-9

Look at the 2021 Nissan Murano in Gun Metallic. I am painting my wheels that color. A lot of depth for "gun metal", has metallic blue and metallic brown components.

I like this color, similar to the nebula grey but maybe darker which is good. I’m going to have to head to a Nissan dealer and see it in person, thank you!

Check these out:

Post 179 on this guy: New paint color to be chosen by the 80 Series Tech crowd. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-paint-color-to-be-chosen-by-the-80-series-tech-crowd.526776/page-9

Thank you, I did see those threads. Too light of colors for my taste and to blend in with the original green…

Guys I’m kinda diggin this “satin dark grey” but I don’t know, is it too loud for an 80? It’s a wrap color I guess but I’m sure the paint shop can work up something. The bumpers, rack, sliders and fender flares will all be black….

What do you guys think?

D88BFC84-242E-4B8F-8E2B-459FF611238F.jpeg

DB4A6CB5-1DBB-4537-B744-835925D0E9A2.jpeg

It looks dope. There is a charcoal wrapped 200 I really like too. I can’t find it right now but I think this color would look great on an 80.

B3F06AC1-4312-422A-9D94-07B70D0A73DC.jpeg
Try this...

Back to the drawing board here, they strongly advised against a satin paint.....

I was told to just go to dealer lots and take a pic of the vin but dealers barely have any cars on their lots!! I like the nebula grey pearl on my GX but I think maybe it's too light, the 80 needs a darker tone I feel like especially considering she is originally green.....

What about the OE gray from the 91-92 years

Dark gray metallic 183
B436F2A8-9066-4054-BC79-CA96E4CE774B.jpeg

Reactions: xlx
What about the OE gray from the 91-92 years

Dark gray metallic 183
View attachment 2896203

Probably not fair to it because it's dulled at this point but doesn't pop enough....I see a lot of green in it. I sincerely appreciate the suggestion though!

I thought I had it down with that dark grey satin, I have a week or so to decide....

Originally it was supposed to be maaco but I’m second guessing that now and I’m going in tomorrow for an estimate from a friends body shop. I’m tired of not making any progress on her…

I'm about to post the dreaded "J" word but this seems like a decent color, and different lighting doesn't kick its ass too much.
1642387664048.png

They call it "Granite crystal."

I like the "Sarge Green" they are doing too, but in different lighting it looks like diaper full of used gerber mashed peas.

I'm about to post the dreaded "J" word but this seems like a decent color, and different lighting doesn't kick its ass too much.
View attachment 2896230
They call it "Granite crystal."
Looks good. I don’t care what vehicle the color is on. There was a 40th that sold on BaT, color is Graphite Mica Metallic from Mazda. Looks good to me.
8DFC0298-64DB-49AD-8F16-B50B913AC9EF.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom