Choices In Auto Shifters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You guys that are running autos in your rigs, what kinds of opinions do you have on the aftermarket shifters lokar, B&M, Art Carr, others? Also since I'm a cheap SOB who makes the cheapest one?

Lokar.

I have ran them in a few trucks, and they work great, period.

I would not think of installing a cable control set up in a truck I was going to operate, ever.

Good luck!

-Steve

I would not go with the cheapest one...

Looks like summit has em for a decent price, that was my first choice too.
Just wanted to hear some other opinions, thanks.

tossup between Art Carr and Lokar...each has plusses and minuses.....

I love my Art Carr....cable operated, but QUALITY stuff...

Was looking at the Lokar 12" anyone think thats too short? Looks like they also make a 16"

the only advice i have is my lokar broke while waiting to put it in so i bought a art carr to put in and it hasnt broke yet :flipoff2:

I have a Lokar in the FJ55 and it is great. I have also run B&Ms in a couple different cars. B&Ms are plentiful and cheap at the local swap meets. For the money I'd use the Lokar.

Hodag

Does anyone have a picture of a Lokar installed in a 40?

i had an art carr in my '40.. worked great. i wouldnt ever be affraid of that cable breaking.. its BEEF...the only con that i saw with it was there was no reverse switch, but thats easily fixed with a switch on the dash..... the art carr is gated so its not going to pop out of gear..

art carr is my vote

isotel said:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=629114&postcount=189\

Locar in rascals truck.. i would be intrested with how long it is.. 12" or 16"

full thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=51130

Looks like the 16"er.

I just put a B&M Mega Shifter in my 40. I haven't got the cruiser up and running yet since I put in the auto tranny, but the shifter was used and it was cheap!

I knew a guy who had the lokar in his 40, and it never worked right. The mounts were loose or broken, and he had to use 2 hands to steady the shifter and make sure it got into gear. I know it will not be everyone's experience, but it drove me away from the lokar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom