Chivo Area, Saturday, 11-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meet at the Circle K on Tanque Verde (Reddington) at 0945.

Hope to pull out at 1000.

All are welcome. It's just a small group going (1 FJ-40, 1 Jeep, 1 Disco)

See You!

Rocky

Are you teaching, or a student?

Your 80 is big - just throw them students all in the back. They need to learn practical stuff, instead of just the "book larnin' stuff!

ROcky

Look what I just read. Thanks for the invite Chuck. I'm tentatively heading out to Chiva on Thursday. I helped a guy install a lift on his Discovery yesterday and we talked about going out thursday.

BTW, Disco's lift kits are pretty much the same as an 80, but there are other things underneath that seem strange and unusual to me. Like no u-joint at the rear diff. There is this big rubber bushing thing between the driveshaft and the third. There is this big ass thing behind/next to the xfer case that looks like a drum brake. There are some funky counter weight looking stuff on the side of the rear third.

But anyway, now his soccer mom looking little Disco has 2.5" of lift and some 285's MT's and looks pretty sweet.

Hey Alvin.

We had a good trip.

I did notice the resemblenance to the 80 suspension (you can see those big funky control arms on the front axle) - but now I'll have to climb under my buddy's disco to see all the other crazy stuff under there....

His seems to go pretty well.

Pictures of the trip to follow.

Are you teaching, or a student?

Your 80 is big - just throw them students all in the back. They need to learn practical stuff, instead of just the "book larnin' stuff!

ROcky

This time I'm a student - in their infinite wisdom our state legislature has mandated that all teachers must take 2 courses totaling 60 hours, paid for by the teacher, the subject of which has since been made useless by more recent legislation. Ask me if they're going to pay me more for the extra education I have, or if they'll even pay the fees to have my certificate renewed upon completion of the course? :censor::censor:s.

EDIT: Glad you had fun.

Here's a couple of pictures.

Bees! Yikes!

bees_sm.jpg

Shameless Poser Shot

IMG_3498_sm.jpg

Andy's Jeep on 3 Feathers

IMG_3496_sm.jpg

By the way - Cayce, I was meaning to ask:

Are they going to pay you more for the extra education you have? Will they even pay the fees to have your certificate renewed upon completion of the course?

I hope so.
bees_sm.jpg
IMG_3498_sm.jpg
IMG_3496_sm.jpg

Ask me if they're going to pay me more for the extra education I have, or if they'll even pay the fees to have my certificate renewed upon completion of the course? :censor::censor:s.

Are they going to pay you more for the extra education you have? Will they even pay the fees to have your certificate renewed upon completion of the course?

I hope so.

Points for Subtlety! :D :hillbilly: :D :)! LMAO!!!

Dear Chuck,

In response to your recent queries, the answer is no, and no. And if it pleases you, might I add that as long as those wise elected officials have there heads there, I hope that they choke on their own s***.

Warmly,
Cayce

Here's a couple of pictures.

Bees! Yikes!

View attachment 275462

Shameless Poser Shot

View attachment 275463

Andy's Jeep on 3 Feathers

View attachment 275464

I hope so.

Hey I parked right on top of the honey combs today...scared the chit out of me...I have tube doorx and wouldn't be able to hide if they were alive..thank god they weren't. Man I would have been tempted to eat some of that honey comb:D nice pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom