Chipped and tuned - Problem fixed and ill take that extra economy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formulaonehd

NWZ - The storm is here
Threads
So i posted a while back trying to find out how my 2000 LX was running without 02 sensors. Turns out lexus tuned the pre 2002 models on a bit of a loop to run premium fuel , bigger HP and bascially there way of saying to its sister badge in Toyota, Nerr nerr we are better! WHen we replaced the whole exhaust system everything went down hill with the power and economy. Note - new exhaust and mainfold 02 sensor holes were plugged.

Had the Unichip (piggy back ecu) installed on a maxed - leaned out tune on the dyno and walah! fixed. No more rich fuel smell, no more bad economy and a smoother power build up. Also noticed the 4speed auto doesnt drop back gears when in cruise control when going up hills. Well unless its steep anyway.

Economy is noticeably better. Havent got alot of data yet but its been about 2L/100km better or 2 extra MPG against the stock exhaust system mileage i was getting.

I recommend a chip and dyno tune for those looking to optimise these beastly rigs, dont expect mind blowing stats but once again Mr T or Mr L in our case hasnt hit the nail on these rigs and there is room to improve from a AFR perspective.

So i posted a while back trying to find out how my 2000 LX was running without 02 sensors. Turns out lexus tuned the pre 2002 models on a bit of a loop to run premium fuel , bigger HP and bascially there way of saying to its sister badge in Toyota, Nerr nerr we are better! WHen we replaced the whole exhaust system everything went down hill with the power and economy. Note - new exhaust and mainfold 02 sensor holes were plugged.

Had the Unichip (piggy back ecu) installed on a maxed - leaned out tune on the dyno and walah! fixed. No more rich fuel smell, no more bad economy and a smoother power build up. Also noticed the 4speed auto doesnt drop back gears when in cruise control when going up hills. Well unless its steep anyway.

Economy is noticeably better. Havent got alot of data yet but its been about 2L/100km better or 2 extra MPG against the stock exhaust system mileage i was getting.

I recommend a chip and dyno tune for those looking to optimise these beastly rigs, dont expect mind blowing stats but once again Mr T or Mr L in our case hasnt hit the nail on these rigs and there is room to improve from a AFR perspective.

Hi there, Can you let me know the cost for the chip and the cost for the dyno? I'm interested to learn how lean I can run, reasonably. Did you install yourself?

Do you have before and after dyno results?

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there, Can you let me know the cost for the chip and the cost for the dyno? I'm interested to learn how lean I can run, reasonably. Did you install yourself?

Do you have before and after dyno results?

thanks!
i paid $1800 AUD. they roughly go for about $2000 including the dyno tune here in Aus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom