Chinaman Gulch - April 19th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks you guys are great. Did I mention I had a great time on this trip and want to run it again later this year.

Yeah, it was quite the exciting trail. I'll join you if the 55 is up and running by then...;)

Here are a few more of the black FJ...

DSC_0520.JPG
DSC_0576.JPG
DSC_0577.JPG
DSC_0509.JPG
DSC_0636.JPG

Wishin' I would have given the middle of Whale's Tale a shot instead of immediately going for the "easy" route.

... I guess there's always next time... :hmm: ...

You were starting to get a little overwhelmed at that point. The way things usually go, most wheelers start out optimistic, then doubtful, then somewhere in the middle of the trail they get overwhelmed, but later the "well, whatever, I made it this far" train of thought comes on, and then relief that it's over. I saw you go through all of that. Lol.

Did you end up with any damage from the trail or just a few bruises.

Well, no real "damage" per se, but I'm going to have to take a BFH to the skids and giv'em a fresh coat of paint. Well worth it!

I have a press if it would be easier (more precise?). It is one of the HF 20 ton POS but it works.

I have a press if it would be easier (more precise?). It is one of the HF 20 ton POS but it works.

I'll see how the hammer does. If that and my foot as a "stomp press" doesn't work, I might take you up on it. Thanks.

So one of my wife's doctors she works with just bought some land up in buena vista. I am not sure yet but it seems its right where we were camping and he has a combo lock on the gate. May be the gate we wanted to go through when we were up there. The directions he gave her were not the greatest but if it is that area he offered to give us the combo to stay when we would like. Kind of a coincidence but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is the same gate since Luke said its a great place to camp.

Well got better info and apparently that is just a forest service gate and is closed for the winter. Her doctor said it was open last weekend. His property is also through that gate but you just continue on down. I am going to run up there one of these days and check it out.

I will bring my video camera so you and Luke will have proof you took your rigs up there. If I didn't have to be the camera guy you know I would attempt it as well.:rimshot: :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom