chevy V8 Exuaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.crawlorado.com
Ok, My curent setup sucks, the headers exit throught the sides, or fender, or butterfly, whatever you want to call them.. major exaust leek and all rusty.. i would like to change it up so i have some block huggers and run everything bettween the framerails to protect them against rocks.. I want it to Sound decent, not to loud, but you know its a V8.. and i dont want the fumes to recurculate into the cockpit when the top is off... any ideas or pictures of where you guys have run yours, or where you have the mufflers and such.. its pretty tight in there especialy near the driveshafts on the right side..

I run cheap summit hugger headers with a custom Y-pipe into a single 3" down the drivers side....exits just past where the rear shackle would be. No complaints...

however, if I were doing it again, I'd locate some cast iron center dumps and use those....the headers "tend" to leak, even with alum gaskets.

I'm using block huggers and running duel 2.5 that come out at the rear fenders and are turned down (like old Nova and Chevelle pipes). Flowmaster 50's would sound good. My 40's are just a little too loud for me.

Bob Brown from the LCML sent me his recipe for great exhaust when the intended use is crawling and not mud bogging or dragging...Here it is:
2" center dump ramshorns to a Y pipe,(ask Texican for the number) Then run a minimum of 18" of 2.5" pipe to a Flowmaster 50. The 2.5" pipe out wherever you like. Flowmaster recommended this for grunt, and it was reported to work well. The Y-pipe runs under the drivers side to the muffler and out behind the rear wheel...YMMV. (it sounds pretty good though from Bob's report!) :cheers:

I'm running 84 corvette block hugger types. having the option to do it again, I'd probably run rams horn to butch's 68 truck crossover on my wheelin rig. that being said, i'm looking for headers for the T-100 for purely asthetic purposes. probably summit block huggers.

I run the ramhorn manifolds with center dump into a y and down the drivers side. A single flowmaster damps the noise quite nice but gives a nice throaty tone that definately says V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom