Chevy TPI Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a 95 Chevy TPI put in my FJ40 ~ 9 months ago. Initially it was great, running good etc. Since about December it started to shut down on me while I was driving on the highway, out in the desert, etc. It spontaneously starts to miss out, I lose oil pressure and shuts down and it will not start until it sits for about 30mins to an hour. After it cools off, it starts right up and is good for a little longer. I've also noticed the oil pressure runs much lower in the heat (from 45 to 30) I've had 4 mechanics look at it and most of them couldn't tell me much b/c they couldn't recreate the problem in the shop. The alternator has been replaced, the fuse box wires sodered, the Holley fuel pump replaced with and MSD fuel pump, the fuel lines moved away from all major heat sources to try to resolve this problem and it still continues to die on me... I'm about exausted of ideas and money to fix this thing. If anyone has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Sounds like an ignition problem to me. I'd be looking at a new coil. Maybe an ignition module if a new coil doesn't solve the problem.

HTH,
Nick

I had the same kind of problem without the oil pressure issue and it was the ignition module. Very difficult to trouble shoot due to it would start and run perfect after it sat for 15 min. When it quits running check for pulse with a meter.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom