Chevy 350 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK another newbie question going out to you folks. On my 350, where my flywheel/clutch plate is located it looks like there should be so sort of cover, covering the flywheel. Am I worng and this is normal not to have a cover over the flyweheel? It would seam to me that one would want a cover when 4 wheeling. If you need any pic to understand my question just let me know.

Thanks
Todd

More questions to follow.

yes there should be a cover, what tranny or adapter was used. if chevy tranny then a cover from chevy truck depending on 420 or 465 tranny. if AA adapter to toyota tranny then the factory toyota cover according to AA. and not that it matters but i have the AA adapter and no cover yet and i have had it for 3 years now, just havent gotten to it yet :doh:

I had a cover, but it was tore off several times by under brush. Still to this day, my dad swears that there was a road there at one time....

You could make a cover if you want. Get some 22 or 24 gage sheet metal and cut it out to fit and drill the holes. Or, get one at the pic-n-pull place.

The stock chevy covers are still available for cheap at the dealer. Last time I bought one abot 8 years ago it was about 25 bucks. It's 2 piece. Goes at the bottom of the bellhousing.

got the cover for my SM420 at a wrecking yard for $2 bucks. Came with free road grime and grease..........sweeeet.

i lost mine to some 4 whellin and havent replaced it, havent had a prob either been 5 or 6 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom