1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy 350 question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 350-78LandCruiser, Aug 2, 2005.

1. 350-78LandCruiser

350-78LandCruiser

OK another newbie question going out to you folks. On my 350, where my flywheel/clutch plate is located it looks like there should be so sort of cover, covering the flywheel. Am I worng and this is normal not to have a cover over the flyweheel? It would seam to me that one would want a cover when 4 wheeling. If you need any pic to understand my question just let me know.

Thanks
    Todd

More questions to follow.

2. lone gunman

lone gunman

yes there should be a cover, what tranny or adapter was used. if chevy tranny then a cover from chevy truck depending on 420 or 465 tranny. if AA adapter to toyota tranny then the factory toyota cover according to AA. and not that it matters but i have the AA adapter and no cover yet and i have had it for 3 years now, just havent gotten to it yet :doh:

3. tonkota

tonkota

Media:
    I had a cover, but it was tore off several times by under brush. Still to this day, my dad swears that there was a road there at one time....

You could make a cover if you want. Get some 22 or 24 gage sheet metal and cut it out to fit and drill the holes. Or, get one at the pic-n-pull place.

4. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

The stock chevy covers are still available for cheap at the dealer. Last time I bought one abot 8 years ago it was about 25 bucks. It's 2 piece. Goes at the bottom of the bellhousing.

5. Hossdog

Hossdog

got the cover for my SM420 at a wrecking yard for $2 bucks. Came with free road grime and grease..........sweeeet.

6. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

Rust-proofing! :D

7. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    i lost mine to some 4 whellin and havent replaced it, havent had a prob either been 5 or 6 years