Chevota Grille Emblem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3D printed plastic mockup. I need to get the mounting details figured out, and I need to radius some of the edges to make it more emblem-like. Then I am thinking CNC machined.

What say ye?

Emblem, Silver.JPG

A water jet should be a cheaper way to have that done than CNC

No problem a friend of mine has a sheet metal shop and does water jet, CNC and laser cutting. For most things the water jet is much lower cost and it can held to pretty close tolerances.

No problem a friend of mine has a sheet metal shop and does water jet, CNC and laser cutting. For most things the water jet is much lower cost and it can held to pretty close tolerances.
The downside of a water jet is that I don't believe it would allow me to make rounded contours and radii along the top edges like CNC would. I will look at it as part of the quote process, though.

There's a good chance that when I see the prices, I will just buy a roll of high-temperature plastic and print my own again. This one is printed in PLA, I don't think that would hold up. I think PET-G would, though, and it would be a whole lot cheaper than machining.

My thought would be to go period correct with the logo. Maybe the Toyota Font inside the bowtie?

As for waterjet, super expensive for what you want. Use an on demand laser cutter like. SendCutSend if you want one offs for cheap.

1620756536043.png

1620756514733.png

Last edited:
My thought would be to go period correct with the logo. Maybe the Toyota Font inside the bowtie?

As for waterjet, super expensive for what you want. Use an on demand laser cutter like. SendCutSend if you want one offs for cheap.

View attachment 2671584
View attachment 2671583

Thank you for rounding up all of those logos, it is interesting to see how things changed over the years.

I certainly don't disagree with you about the period-correct approach. The Toyota font inside of the bowtie is definitely workable. I do however like the subtlety of having no text, just shapes.

Thank you, I will take it under advisement.

I’d like to see a replacement of the “TOYOTA” badge with a “CHEVOTA” in the stock Mr.T style font. No bow tie....IMO.

I’d like to see a replacement of the “TOYOTA” badge with a “CHEVOTA” in the stock Mr.T style font. No bow tie....IMO.
That could work too. What's the Mr. T font you're referring to, is it in one of the logos that EmanC shared?

I remember seeing a Toyota logo with an exaggerated "T" that was kinda wider at the top, maybe that's what you're talking about?

That could work too. What's the Mr. T font you're referring to, is it in one of the logos that EmanC shared?

I remember seeing a Toyota logo with an exaggerated "T" that was kinda wider at the top, maybe that's what you're talking about?
No, I was thinking the early grill style
T O Y O T A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom