Chevota cooling fine at it's finest (1 Viewer)

Wow, great article smurf. Thanks for that..

edit: you mentioned possibly changing to short water pump.
As the owner of a short water pump I'd consider that a last resort. You'd need to change all the accessory mounts and the harmonic balancer. And you'd be stuck with the crappy alternator mount that bolts to the exhaust manifold.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question but I'm going there anyway. What advantage does the clutch add? Why not run full cooling capacity all the time? Ok, let the barage fly.......💣

If you ever get to hear a conventional fan with a seized clutch it sounds like you driving a airplane!!! It's loud and kinda scary at highway speed. You can feel it in the pedal (seat of the pants) if your sensitive/have driven same car for a long time. I took my Grand Wagoneer to a transmission shop acquaintance cause it felt (and sounded so weird). He's like "it's your fan clutch"; well that was allot cheaper!

Bob in CO

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Jim your funny cooking at its finest, I have this setup hanging on my wall. I pulled it when I switched to the Taurus 2spd fan setup. Mine was pretty quite. I got it from my old 1977 gmc gaucho van ,, I keep it for when my Taurus fan dies then it will go back into my rig.

62B5F22A-7A44-4583-8E9E-E05313850400.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom