For Sale Chemlsford, MA. 1993 OBD1 1FZFE, A442 Trans, and Transfer Case (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am pulling my 1993 drive train soon. Engine has approx 250K. Runs very strong, does not leak oil. I occasionally get a puff of blue smoke on startup. The engine does not have a power steering pump, I removed and made a block off plate, to run full hydro. A442 Trans shifts well but could probably use new shift solenoids. Transfer case has Trail gear 3.0 under drive gears installed. The package is in my buggy and I am doing a 2UZ swap this winter. The engine will come with harness and ECU. I would like to sell the entire package but would be willing to separate. I don't think I can ship, so local pick up or I will deliver within 200 miles for fuel. I am open to offers. Currently plan is to leave engine in truck until late November so if anyone has interest they can hear it run and drive. Located in Chelmsford, MA 01824.

I was thinking 1800 would be fair for everything. But as with anything willing to except offers.

I am pulling my 1993 drive train soon. Engine has approx 250K. Runs very strong, does not leak oil. I occasionally get a puff of blue smoke on startup. The engine does not have a power steering pump, I removed and made a block off plate, to run full hydro. A442 Trans shifts well but could probably use new shift solenoids. Transfer case has Trail gear 3.0 under drive gears installed. The package is in my buggy and I am doing a 2UZ swap this winter. The engine will come with harness and ECU. I would like to sell the entire package but would be willing to separate. I don't think I can ship, so local pick up or I will deliver within 200 miles for fuel. I am open to offers. Currently plan is to leave engine in truck until late November so if anyone has interest they can hear it run and drive. Located in Chelmsford, MA 01824.
Curious, did you ever complete that 2UZ swap? I’m in a predicament here myself. My 91 has a slight rod bearing knock, pan was dropped and new bearings installed but it didn’t help. I’m contemplating which route to go next, swap or rebuild the engine. The truck is in phenomenal shape otherwise, I’ve done a ton of work to it. I’m not handy enough to do the engine work myself. I’m wondering if you tackled this or did you have a shop do it? I also live in Mass.

I have completed the 2UZ swap, it has been a ton of work. I also swapped out the transfer case to an Atlas 4 speed. Mine is a buggy with a three linked front and four linked rear. So I ran into a few hiccups with the original oil pan clearing the dif. Exhaust was also a major pain, took my exhaust guy two days to do what I wanted because exhaust could not run under the truck due to it getting crushed. I hope to be testing and running in about three weeks or so. You could swap to a 1FZ-FE, my motor has probably 250K or less on it. Runs great no leaks. I ahem everything for sale the motor, trans, Transfer case, wiring harness ECM's etc.. If you want to see the swap, the truck is in chelmsford and would be happy to show it to you. I have no idea what a shop would charge to do q swap like I did. I started in December, and it has taken until now, working during the week when I have time, and almost every Saturday when I could get away from the wife. If you want to talk about it, feel free to give me a call 603-521-0251. Mike

Thanks for the info! Yea I might contemplate trying to find a used 3FE and just rebuilding it on a stand then swapping it out with the one I have. I know the motor swaps such as yours, the LS, 4bt are a big undertaking and costly. I think I’m leaning more towards a weekend beach , camping, light trail cruiser. If you hear of a used 3F at a decent price let me know. Thanks, Mike (413) 275-2468 / mevey078@yahoo.com. Feel free to shoot me a text or an email. Thanks again for the info

I still have everything except the transfer case. I am not interested in separating the harness from the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom