For Sale Checking VINs and LC Purchasing Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a LC in the very near future. Have my mind set on a 2016 or 17. I have researched the market and know what I would like to pay and what is a fair price. Checking various sources online, avoiding any with questionable history. Besides Autocheck and Carfax, is there any service that can go deeper with a VIN? If a vehicle has a clean history via Carfax and Autocheck and it is a 1 owner, curious as to why it would be on a lot for 70+ days. Trying to rule some candidates out prior to booking a flight to go see a few....any guidance / advice would be appreciated.

If you are cross shopping LX570s you can use Lexus Drivers website to view its service history. Though you did say LC so if you're just considering Toyotas Im not sure if there is a equivalent toyota version of that.

My brother has been in the auto business for nearly 20 years running a few large dealerships. He absolutely hates it when a LC shows up, because they don't sell very quickly. He says they will do everything they can to get it moved to another dealership.

My brother has been in the auto business for nearly 20 years running a few large dealerships. He absolutely hates it when a LC shows up, because they don't sell very quickly. He says they will do everything they can to get it moved to another dealership.
Makes sense. Seems that the LC has a fairly knowledgeable following and in most cases, small base of potential customers at that price point the LC commands. I imagine that is why you see a lot available at smaller lots who pick them up at auction or from a larger dealer to add some high quality inventory.

If you are cross shopping LX570s you can use Lexus Drivers website to view its service history. Though you did say LC so if you're just considering Toyotas Im not sure if there is a equivalent toyota version of that.
While the LX are nice, sticking with the LC.

Re LC purchasing advice: a theory goes like this....

Potential buyers of newer models LC and LX 570 units are a somewhat rare breed. When they wander into a Lexus or Toyota dealership, the dealers do not want them to see 2016/2017/2018 used vehicles sitting on the lot. Those units compete with new vehicles. The dealers want to sell that prospective buyer the vehicles from their NEW inventory. When they get a late model LC or LX, they want to sell it quick or send it out to another dealer or to auction.

????????

Interested in a 2016 in Maryland; however the dealership seems a little sketchy. First and foremost, I am not a big fan of the monitors on the seats for the passengers in the first place. This LC I am looking at has 1 that is cracked and the sales person told me that they are $3300 to replace. Wow. That would be a decent 60" LED TV. Anyway, I asked if they could work on their price to help cut the pain of having to pony up $3300 to fix....they came back with NO relief. Even though the LC was listed at a high of $61.9 to $56.9 and is currently at $57.9 .... this thing has a different price every other week and has been on Car Gurus over 80 days... VIN: JTMCY7AJ8G4044983

Appears to be in good shape. Low mileage. Carfax appears to be legit. But after this experience, not jumpoing on a plane to go look at unless they work on that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom