Checking Codes with OBDI app? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m sorry if this was covered I searched and read the FAQ I’m a newbie here. I wanted to know if I can check codes and the pressures of the a HC system using my OBDI dongle and app or do I need something else? Thanks!

I just acquired a 2005 Lexus LX 470 and I’m starting the process of restoration. Thank you so much this forum is awesome.!

Techstream is great. But you can also use aftermarket readers, I have iCarsoft TYTii & it works to read codes & read AHC pressures. But with Techstream you can customize some options (i.e. timing the lights & locks), helps with bleeding the brakes and program keys.

I’m sorry if this was covered I searched and read the FAQ I’m a newbie here. I wanted to know if I can check codes and the pressures of the a HC system using my OBDI dongle and app or do I need something else? Thanks!

I just acquired a 2005 Lexus LX 470 and I’m starting the process of restoration. Thank you so much this forum is awesome.!
It is possible -- but seems unlikely -- that a 2005 LX470 based in Florida is OBD1. It is more likely OBD2 (sometimes written OBDII, meaning On Board Diagnostics Version 2) -- and yes, some OBD2 dongles do work satisfactorily and conveniently with a suitable app. However, some do not work well or involve considerable frustration!!

A few starting points can be found at Post #2 and onwards at this link:

As mentioned in other replies, best results and most utility is obtained by using Techstream versions as described in the early posts of the this very long thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom