Checking a fuel pump on a 1994 Toyota Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Landcruiser has been sitting for 3 years due to bad tranny. I've drained the old gas & put new. I've disconnected fuel line at the fuel filter to pump, (clear) old gas out of the line. When I turn the ignition on, no gas pumps thru the line and I don't hear the pump whirring. I've accessed the connector at the fuel tank entry point. Can anyone tell me the voltages I should see at each of the pins with the ignition in the run position? Can I put direct 12v from a battery to the Blue/Black stripe (+) & connect ground to White/ Black stripe. To see if the pump will work. there are a total of 5 wires at the plug. 3 are smaller gauge I'm assuming they are for the sending unit. The other 2 wires B/Bl & W/Bl are larger gauge with W/Bl going to ground. I'm heading to the auto store now to buy a shop manual. Thanks for any help.

My Landcruiser has been sitting for 3 years due to bad tranny. I've drained the old gas & put new. I've disconnected fuel line at the fuel filter to pump, (clear) old gas out of the line. When I turn the ignition on, no gas pumps thru the line and I don't hear the pump whirring. I've accessed the connector at the fuel tank entry point. Can anyone tell me the voltages I should see at each of the pins with the ignition in the run position? Can I put direct 12v from a battery to the Blue/Black stripe (+) & connect ground to White/ Black stripe. To see if the pump will work. there are a total of 5 wires at the plug. 3 are smaller gauge I'm assuming they are for the sending unit. The other 2 wires B/Bl & W/Bl are larger gauge with W/Bl going to ground. I'm heading to the auto store now to buy a shop manual. Thanks for any help.
The fuel pump will not run with the key in the ON/RUN position..
Save yourself some time and download the Toyota FSM and EWD from the resources section.

You can bypass all FP logic and run the pump manually by jumping terminals 12 (B+) to 1 (FP) on the diagnostic connector on the firewall. This will enable to FP to run with the key in the ON/RUN position. This should be used for diagnostics only.

Firewall side
1679591420137.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom