Check valve part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this check valve still available? I can't find a part number on a parts diagram. Mine is bad.

image1.jpeg

90917-10038. Discontinued.

Thanks @cruiserdan. Could someone elaborate on the purpose of this check valve and how crucial it is? I'm working my way through the emissions manual and when I was checking the HAC this valve failed its test. I'm guessing it is to hold vaccum to keep the timing advanced, but I'm not sure I understand when that comes into play.

Different flow rate. I no longer have access to an old chart. It may not matter much however.

That’s a one way valve for the HAC system. It keeps vacuum on the secondary advance diaphragm after the motor is shut off at altitude so when you start back up you will be advanced. HAC will still work if it is removed or not holding vacuum one way, timing just won’t be advanced on startup at altitude.

Might find a piece at McMaster Carr. Also saw a HELP brand part that work at the local auto parts store. I do not know if I have one still, but a guy might pump some vacuum on an old oem one to see what cracking pressure is, then find a suitable replacement. My guess would be something like 10”hg or 1/2psi ish

Different flow rate. I no longer have access to an old chart. It may not matter much however.

Since it’s a check valve it’s one way only, no flow rate like a VTV. But a man of your stature I’m sure is aware of all that.

That’s a one way valve for the HAC system. It keeps vacuum on the secondary advance diaphragm after the motor is shut off at altitude so when you start back up you will be advanced. HAC will still work if it is removed or not holding vacuum one way, timing just won’t be advanced on startup at altitude.

Precisely, since it’s a check valve, flow rate isn’t applicable. Part no. I added is also only a check valve.

There you have it. The parts cleats have been in the trophy case for a couple years now.:)

The FZJ80 (1FZ-FE) uses a check valve that looks very similar (it's also used on just about every Toyota made). It's orange & black. Still available. I bet it works. Only $6. Would be worthwhile to check (ha!) it out.

image.jpeg

That is the same one mentioned by mattressking above.

Thanks guys, I talked to stevinson toyota and ordered one of the new ones for 6 bucks! Thanks for the help

Since it’s a check valve it’s one way only

Precisely, since it’s a check valve, flow rate isn’t applicable. Part no. I added is also only a check valve.

The FZJ80 (1FZ-FE) uses a check valve that looks very similar (it's also used on just about every Toyota made). It's orange & black. Still available. I bet it works. Only $6. Would be worthwhile to check (ha!) it out.

View attachment 1664447

Yep! That’s the one I’ve been using on my truck. Even bagged a few at the local junkyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom